coilpacks and recall

FranA3

FMDETAILING
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
hey all ive had two coilpacks go in the last 3 weeks now ive phoned up cardiff audi and they say my car isnt due any recall's surely if they keep on failing there is something wrong with it what shall i do now bite the bullet and buy 4 new oem ones (as ive replaced two with aftermarket ones) or just replace them when they fail ??

If aftermarket ones are working for you & are allot less money, get them, but if oem are cheapish, change out for all 4, gives you 2 years warranty afaik on most if not all audi parts.

eventually i want to replace them with oem ones for the waranty just cant understand why my car isnt covered by the recall as so many others are and i sure havent taken my car to audi recently so there is no chance they could have changed them lol

Ring another dealer, quote vin & ask if yours has a recall for coilpacks or anything.

In my experience when one coil pack dies, the others tend to follow soon after. I thought Audi were recalling all petrol engine 1998< but with some exceptions (Bolt down coils on 8L's for example).

my car 2006 20T has just had all 4 replaced under recall at audi liverpool.

In the US, there is a cutoff point, I believe at the 2009 model year (or possibly mid way through 2008) at which any newer models are not covered. What's the build date of your A3?

Thats a good one, lol, he got you there Fran.