Help, damp passenger footwell

ollie86rn

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Done a bit of a search but couldn't find anything specific on this issue so sorry if its already been answered.

Washed the car yesterday and noticed when I went to clean inside that the passenger footwell was very wet! Haven't had any previous problems with water getting in but did a bit of investigating today to see what I could find. I removed the windscreen trim and noticed that there was a lot a black silicone seal hanging off it and no other obvious signs of blocked drains etc!

My question is can water escape bk up past the windscreen into the footwell? Or are there other common places where it leaks?

I have a 58 a3 sline

Thanks

Could just be a door seal worn mate & when water drains round door it goes into seal & out the bottom, have a looksy.

Thanks will have a look when it's light again, seals shouldn't perish that quick though unless there's a cut in.

Depends on if there's been a mnafacturing defect, enviroment, etc, not saying its this, but it has been known to do this & think about where that water would go at bottom of door should seal be faulty, straight onto/under carpet.