Why me? :(

Adamj

Reaction score
So I came home from work everything's fine then I look at my s3 on the drive. Both my chrome mirrors have been snapped off :( and the wing is all scratched where they took it off, really don't understand why people do it, has anyone else had this problem?

Yes I think the wing mirrors are the no. 1 target on the S3. Can you garage it?

No room in the garage mate, might have to get CCTV fitted, the house across the ado has CCTV and he said he would look through the footage luckily, its just a pain

Scum :( Sorry to hear about this, there seems to be so much bad news on here atm :(

Get a CCTV camera and make it obvious (Spray it in luminous paint!!) to prevent anyone!

Dude truly unlucky, I see so many of these threads. It's like £300-400 just dangling on the side of ur car completely unprotected. What year model wing mirrors did you have?

It's a 2007 silver model mate, I feel just to get some gloss black ones in case they do it again, plus I have black wheels so it might look ok

I have several sets of mirrors available if need be mate, not alum, but problem is you need the whole lot as bases arent reusable once snapped of mate, sorry to hear.

Its followed from the S3 8L days, ****** scum huh.

Feel for you bud but it's very, very common unfortunately :crying:

There is a lot of mirror thefts going on with the R56 Mini's too (they're even easier than the S3's to get the complete mirror off) and the crap thing is, if you try to make them more secure odds are the scum will cause more damage.

Looks like body coloured plastic is the way to go I'm afraid.

It's just annoying :( I'm not going to buy alli ones as they will just go walking again, then I've got the headache of going through the whole process again, silver with black mirrors? Might look ok :p

Scum attack again, so annoying loading up the site to find another story of some little s**t/s doing damage to other people's property. Someone drove into my mums driver side door last week in Tesco car park, obviously just reversed and drove off. Will have cause about £300 worth of damage if not more.

Do tesco have CCTV as you should be able to get his number plate? After Christmas and New Years its all we need :(

Nope they don't have it in the car parks, left at owners risk is the best they can say. That's why they earn millions of pounds, cause they don't have to care about car park security. Really annoying that people have the cheek to do it and drive off and most probably try to convince there own head they didn't really hit it or it wasn't worth stopping to look cause they can't have done much damage.

No room in the garage mate, might have to get CCTV fitted, the house across the ado has CCTV and he said he would look through the footage luckily, its just a pain

I fear that CTV of no use. Scum will no doubt be hooded and I doubt if Plod would be bothered to investigate. Perhaps in this day and age spend money on a garage before you buy the nice car.

I used to work in a high end CCTV company which had CCTV on your Nokia in 2004 but now with Smartphones it's so much cheaper and easier to set up.

I would suggest getting a Panasonic single camera with night vision and an SD card slot in it to allow one months recording and you can set motion activated recording so trees blowing in the wind can be excluded etc.

You can even draw a box around where you park your car and then set alarms or txts to be set to your mobile once that space is entered at particular times at night.

IP cameras give the best quality, they used to be €500 for a 1.3 mexpixel but that was three years ago.

I'd imagine you'd get a good one for £200 and then all you need to do is run a cat5 cable to your broad band router.

Car aside I think it's worth doing to cover the front of your house that can be viewed from your smartphone from anywhere in the world

Hope this helps

I've been running ip cameras for ages now coupled with a NAS solution with a very good built in surveillance system, its been good as gold, cost me a fair bit but after 2 cars damaged by punks, I had enough, now I have pir led security lights all round house, ip cams everywhere with night vision, internet connected, remote access etc, a neccessary requirement these days, thing is we dont have a mansion, dont have gold bullion stacked up to ceiling & its not a rough area either, infact its very sedate, but punk kids see cars & consider them too nice for the owner to keep, w4nkers.

Sorry to hear about this, thieving pikey scum.
It's why I ordered a pair of black covers for mine last night.

Got one of each hand from two different ebay sellers
one for £20 and one for £21. I would sooner my shiny ones sat
in my shed rather than on the car if this is likely to happen.
The quicker I can get them resprayed and on the car the better.

Last edited:
Its horrible, my mate has S3 mirrors that he only uses for shows!

Apart from just ripping them off, how easy is it to remove the
mirror casings? Will I need to pay someone to fit my black ones or
can I do it myself? I have the dimming mirrors and am terrified of breaking
or damaging them. (Mine are the huge 'dumbo' mirrors by the way)

I also have full blown CCTV, records straight onto hard drive 24/7, can be internet based too, but haven't got round to that bit yet. 360 view of the house, REALLY clear night vision.

When you enter the drive at night you are greeted with a pretty large ring of red LED lights, then security lights promptly blind you and reveal you to the nation.....

Then if they somehow found the keys or managed to start it, the Milltek would wake everyone up.

Then theres the 7 dogs.... 6 springers, and 1 terrifying mini yorkie....

Then the Audi is kept locked in a garage just outside my bedroom window blocked in with either a LWB shogun or the Mrs clio.

Even though i live in the middle of no where in the sticks, and crime is actually nearly zero I should think, theres always that one nobber who wants something of yours and will travel to get it.

It aint going nowhere. So DO 1. :gun2:

sorry to hear fella, f-ing scum bags, but until people stop wanting S3 mirrors for their SE's it wont stop.
Cheap mirrors off pikeybay tend to only come from one place....

Sorry to hear about the thieving scum!

They ripped off one of mine last week. I have a silver S3 too.

The casings on mine were pretty easy to swap, just take out the mirror glass and there is a small cross head screw inside that needs taking out first, then they just unclip with a bit of care.

I now have matt black covers on mine, I did it with plastidip on some pre primed covers I bought of eBay.

Pics below.

Before:
View attachment 9565

After:
View attachment 9566
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357511911151491

I've known thieving scum in the past do things you'd never imagine to get a car, near where I live they broke into a car to push it out off the drive to then brake into the garage, remove the locked post in the ground to steal the car behind it then actually putting the original car back where it started so the guy didn't notice for a few days as everything looked normal till he went into his garage. All this in a cul de sac with security lighting outside the house.
It amazing the lengths some people go too to take others property, it really makes you want to catch them mid act and release the hounds! Would be worth it just to see them running with fear experiencing squeaky bum time!