Weird clutch/gearbox problem

StewMang

Reaction score
Hi

I've got a 2003 8P 2.0 TDI Sport 140 which had a replacement clutch and fly wheel less than 18 months ago. It's been driving fine until suddenly in the last couple of weeks I've been finding the gear change has become stiff and sometimes I can't get it to shift into/out of 1st or reverse.

Occasionally when it's in 1st with the clutch fully depressed, I can feel the car ever so slightly wanting to creep forwards too, like the clutch hasn't fully disengaged. If I put the car in neutral and very slowly raise the clutch pedal, when it gets quite high I can feel a sort of 'throbbing'. I'm not sure if this was happening before the problem though or whether it's normal.

I've seen a couple of threads on here describing similar stiff gear change problems but not the same symptoms as me. Could anyone suggest what the problem could be? Already splashed £300 on a new radiator fan last month so I'll be devastated if I'm staring down another expensive repair bill!

Cheers

Who did the work before, if audi, it has a 2 year warranty afaik & if audi oem parts then they're warranted for 2 years anyway.

Who did the work before, if audi, it has a 2 year warranty afaik & if audi oem parts then they're warranted for 2 years anyway.

It wasn't done by audi but they're genuine parts. Does it sound like it's the clutch then?

Problem is of course how do you prove to vag its not bad installation if its even possible, also clutch etc do they still allow the 2yrs is another idea that I just had given its fairly wear & tear item, you need to go back to garage who did it imho.

Problem is of course how do you prove to vag its not bad installation if its even possible, also clutch etc do they still allow the 2yrs is another idea that I just had given its fairly wear & tear item, you need to go back to garage who did it imho.

Yeah fair point, will get it back to them and see what they say I suppose.