cruise contro;

southylad

Reaction score
what best sort of price to fit cruise control into my a3 56 plate s line?

what best sort of price to fit cruise control into my a3 56 plate s line?

where are you located? There are a few sponsors on here that can do this for you. :) x

i am up north in lakes near barrow in furness

that would not be a bad price if there was someone up this end

Contact NHN, he travels all over the country doing retrofit work and is also a site sponsor. :) x

I know if its got DIS, which it should being an S-line, it will work. However, this you know, if its got a midline ecu the cruise will have limited functionality. I.e. buttons not working etc. don't know about you but I prefer to not do half a job.

I know if its got DIS, which it should being an S-line, it will work. However, this you know, if its got a midline ecu the cruise will have limited functionality. I.e. buttons not working etc. don't know about you but I prefer to not do half a job.

Sorry Lewis but that is not correct. All the functions of cruise control work but in the 'alternative' mode. I know because when I fitted CC a couple of years ago to my 2006 sportback it worked this way. The only button that does not work is the 'set' button at the end of the stalk. You set it by flicking the arm downwards at the desired speed after pulling towards you to activate. From then on, upwards to increase speed, downwards to reduce, away to deselect and towards to select again.

This is quite natural to use and certainly does not warrant buying another ecu. However, should you wish to fit mfsw as well then only one module (actually 2 now I think) will work and ,when fitted, the CC operates in the 'normal' mode.

I could perhaps have worded it better, my mistake. But that is what I meant, the button not working. If I were going to the effort of having it retrofitted I would want all buttons to work, but that's just me.

Oh and "normal mode" FTW!

Lewis mate, I'm not sure if you have taken offence at my post but if you have I'm sorry.

If you were prepared to spend £130 extra just to get cruise working with the 'set' button then fair enough. Personally I retro fitted CC with my original ecu not knowing it wouldn't work with the 'set' button. After happily using it and then deciding to fit mfsw I knew I needed the correct steering module and realised there were two different ways for CC to work.

This is now well known by all the professional 'retro-fitters' on this forum and , no doubt, they would confirm my comments.

'Normal Mode' and 'Alternative mode' have been generally accepted by the expert retro-fitters on here so I'm not sure what your problem is ??!!

However, I never did know what 'FTW' meant but I assume it isn't an anagram of 'WTF' !!!

Yep I can 100% back mike up as I would consider myself a bit of a cruise retrofit expert :).

But I must add, that since the OP stated he has a 56 plate (late 2006/7) 99% his midline ECU will either be the 1K0 AH or an 8P0 module which both will accept the cruise in the correct manner.
I think from around 2006 onwards, most A3's with Trip computer came with the above said modules. It was only really 2004 to late 2005/6 that had the alternative working cruise modules.

Not if he requires a new steering ecu. When I retrofitted cruise I got the ecu for £130 with discount.

£130 with discount is a bit of a waste TBH mate, especially when you can pick up a used one on eBay for around £80.

Thanks Danny - I can confirm that my 2006MY sportback had 1K0 rev AF so operated in 'Alt' mode

What does 'FTW' mean please? Hope it's not so ****** obvious I should know !!!!!!!!

Be kind, I'm a pensioner !!

Thanks Danny - I can confirm that my 2006MY sportback had 1K0 rev AF so operated in 'Alt' mode

What does 'FTW' mean please? Hope it's not so ****** obvious I should know !!!!!!!!

Be kind, I'm a pensioner !!

Lol Mike.

FTW= For The Win.

He was basically saying, having cruise work the correct way gets his vote.

Lol Mike.

FTW= For The Win.

He was basically saying, having cruise work the correct way gets his vote.

Thanks again Danny - as far as I was concerned, getting it it to work at all was an FTW then !

8P0 rev 'F' and mfsw must have been an FTWW then (win win ) !!!!

Lol, no offence taken fella. I work in the trade so have developed a thick skin and life is far too short to take offence on the internet.

I wouldn't call the 130£ a waste in my opinion of course, as in future I can always fit a MFSW should I please. Also the "Oh and "normal mode" FTW!" was an attempt to lighten it up a tad. Alas, I shall go back to my corner :hi:

£130 with discount is a bit of a waste TBH mate, especially when you can pick up a used one on eBay for around £80.

Its finding them which is the fun part, they're few & far between, which is why is most of my clients cant be ***** & get new as they want it working completely & now, stands to reason as you could bid on one on ebay, either miss out & start again or bid, win & it be faulty for some obscure reason lol.

I got it emailed to me at 12:59 - bet you didn't see it before then !!!!

Edit : sorry, should have put 'lol' after ! I posted to give all a chance so hopefully one of us got it !!!

Last edited: