Badger5Sky Insurance
    2nd Gear

Status

fk automotive grill matt blacked

as title says heres a couple of pics of fk automotive grill after three coats of matt black they do come in a matt black coating and i was going to just fit as it was but the coating is not the best and not thick enough so i gave it a rub allover with scotch cloth and put three coates of decent matt black and it came up great i was going to have the frame in satin or gloss and the rest in matt but it is dificult to mask off and what i have noticed is if you polish the matt you can get it to a satin or even a gloss with no problems so you can just polish the frame once its cured if you want i have left mine all matt just for now to see what it looks like on then if i want will polish the frame while its on the car if i want later, also one of the pics is with a set of gloss audi rings of ebay about £10
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Did you have a problem fitting the S Line badge to the grill? I seem to remember reading earlier in the week that your existing badge didn't fit the new grill?

Thanks.

2nd Gear

Status
    i have not taken my existing s line badge off my old gril both are still on my car but i bought two new badges of ebay a chrome and a black one that are sposed to be direct replacement for the oem s line badge and also the fk grill is suposed to take oem badge so i was suprised when yes they were different so either the ebay ones are different fitting or the fk grill has different fittings one or the other but all ebay sellers oem spec badges look exactly the samy type so cant understand whats going on realy anyway i reshaped the plastic on new badge with fibreglass then re cut to new shape and fitted on so sorted now

1st Gear

Status
    links to the badges on ebay please!

2nd Gear

Status
    not sure how to link mate but there are loads on there all the same fitting

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    i had a fk grill before facelifting and managed to fit the sline badge to it by breaking off the badge holder on the grill and then glueing on the sline one using some sikaflex. held in perfectly for 2 years!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.