Fairly certain My 2012 S3 is to model the new Forge Twintercooler :)

M

mjr901

As above really, what are my main gains from this option? will I notice a big difference?

Do you mean that they are bringing one out to fit the later models then?

Glad they'll be bringing one out for the later cars if that's the case.

Good news indeed. I'll be fitting one ASAP after you methinks. South African summers tend to be a bit warmish ;)

Its been completed a few days ago, its no longer front mounted as space was an issue and Forge want to keep it as a "bolt on" item and do not want people cutting their car to make a front mounted one fit.

So it replaces your existing intercooler with a larger one and in my case gave an improvement of 22bhp.

Here is a sneaky peak..... this is what Forge is all about, check out the welds on this badboy!!

P1100235_zps407978d0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How much is it all in then buddy, as I might be interested.

Absolutely no idea mate! Not even on the market yet, but if its anything like the cost of a front mounted or the APR one....then i think a pretty penny!

Forge really did a good job on this...they even went the extra mile on the DV system......but i've been asked not to show any pictures of that bit just yet. Lets just say I'm no longer running one....:) friggin awesome company.

Absolutely no idea mate! Not even on the market yet, but if its anything like the cost of a front mounted or the APR one....then i think a pretty penny!

Forge really did a good job on this...they even went the extra mile on the DV system......but i've been asked not to show any pictures of that bit just yet. Lets just say I'm no longer running one....:) friggin awesome company.

keep us updated then whatever you can:]

so jealous!!!!
guess it looks and performs better than my frankenstein forge cooler :noway:

so jealous!!!!
guess it looks and performs better than my frankenstein forge cooler :noway:

To be honest i was a bit upset about it not being front mounted.... Makes it look a bit more "badboy" from the front.

Once in the engine bay, you cant really see it as its between aircon and radiator so their craftsman ship is hidden, which is a shame really as their work is a thing of beauty.

But performance wise, its night and day, especially in 4th gear at 90mph I now get lots more power!! albeit, when you get to 90mph your thinking **** the bed, i better start slowing down now, but hell it pulls a hell of alot better in every gear.

I never thought it would change much, but it really has and i thought turbo lag was going to be worse, some how its better???

Either way im 22bhp better off, Just need to sort the mapping out now, as it should be producing more than 337bhp at Stage 2 with this intercooler.

Waiting on Shark HQ's reply......

i can give you mine front mount twintercooler if you're after bad boy look :D

you know what i'm talking about :D

is the new dv fitted to your car?
is that why you posted the pic of dv with metal part to other thread?
interesting....

is the new dv fitted to your car?
is that why you posted the pic of dv with metal part to other thread?
interesting....

Im sworn to secrecy on what exactly they've done at the moment...itching to post photos of the masterpiece. But can't! :( works well though :)

What I do know is that it's never been made before for our cars...

not cool at all!!!
hm...should i remove my old forge dv or not...

Im sworn to secrecy on what exactly they've done at the moment...itching to post photos of the masterpiece. But can't! :( works well though :)

What I do know is that it's never been made before for our cars...

how long are we going to have to wait till you get to post these results fully? Oh and have you got the H&R springs fitted to your s3? If so I might have to meet up with you one day to see what the rides like as iv heard mixed opinions.

how long are we going to have to wait till you get to post these results fully? Oh and have you got the H&R springs fitted to your s3? If so I might have to meet up with you one day to see what the rides like as iv heard mixed opinions.

Not sure mate to be honest, I'll be seeing them for an intake next month hopefully, so ill enquire then if i dont know before.

Suspension wise, its standard im afraid - and if I'm honest, I'd say Im probably due for an upgrade in that department, its getting a bit sketchy, might go whiteline kit first though.

I've got videos of it on the rollers increasing in speed and the turbo getting VERY orange and then going dark again when the revs come back down! trouble is its shows bits I'm not to show off grrrrrr!!!