Audi A3 2.0 Tdi S-Line

bradders1stfc

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am currently in the market to buy my first Audi and I would like some help from someone more experienced in this area.

This is my first post, and hopefully not the last...so hello everyone :)

I have my eyes on an A3 2.0 TDI S Line from a private seller, 2006 (06), 48k mileage, manual, FASH, half leather, 2 previous owners in Silver.

The car looks in great condition and I am very interested, I was just wondering what price you feel this is worth and what I should be looking at paying, so I wont tell you what its up for, but would appreciate if you could give me a rough price I should be looking at parting with.

This would be very helpful.

Thanks in advanc...Bradders.

Welcome along Bradders

Private seller - i'd say probably 8 or 8 and a half grand. If it was a dealer probably around 9 grand and maybe a bit more.

I've simply based this on the fact that i've been looking for a similar car with a 7 grand budget and all I could find was mileage of around 75K minimum and the age being 04 or 05.

Thanks mate!

He wanted 9.5k and I have him down to 8.5k, the most I will pay is 8k, I think that's a fair offer!

What does anyone else think?

Thanks!

That's has full leather also and it's a 170. Are the 170 generally worth more than the 140 or is there nothing in it?

Probably not much in it. Has the one you are looking at got a multi functional steering wheel as that one doesn't and it's pretty nice to have to be honest.

I wouldn't say its that bad, I paid £9500 for my Sportback 9 months ago (same spec, owners, FASH, MFSW etc) but its a late 57 plate with 56k miles, & full leather, and it was the cheapest by around £1k at time. Are you looking at Hatch or Sportback?

On the good side, it's low mileage.

On the downside it's 2006 missing out on the 2007 facelift (I believe), personally I wouldn't pay 9.5k, especially in a private sale.

On the good side, it's low mileage.

On the downside it's 2006 missing out on the 2007 facelift (I believe), personally I wouldn't pay 9.5k, especially in a private sale.

mid 2008 is facelift mate:sm4:

If the milage is on 48k, then that's what you'll be paying for Bradders.

Most people look for as low miles as possible and sellers know that so will be reflected in the price!

Thanks guys, here's a few pictures!

Would you all say 8k is a decent price then? Resale should be fairly straight forward with low mileage.

Only thing I am worried about is that the cam belt won't have been changed and will be due at 60k right?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357231815442754ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357231823092284
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357231830325392

No multi-functional steering wheel either. If your not used to it then you won't miss it I suppose.

It would seem 8k is cheap if it's only done 46k.

Audi recommend cam belt is done every 5 years or 75k, whichever comes first so it should have been done, no? That's another £400-£500 or so.

If the cambelt and waterpump haven't been done, that's another bargaining tool to use :thumbsup:

Its all about condition, i agree 9.5k is very steep for a private sale, but i think between 8 to 8.5k is fair if its show room condition and full Audi service history.

£9.5k was cheap at the time, the nearest to it same year & more mileage was over 1k more & +1.5 to 2k for dealer pricing. Facelifts were +3k!! Hatches tend to go for around 1-1.5k less than the sportback anyway from what I've seen over the last few months too. For myself, I wouldn't buy over 5 yrs old (which i haven't) & defionately wouldnt without FASH (this has been invaluable to me with my dealing with Audi UK).