Recommended body shop around Twickenham or mobile repairer like Chips Away?

sebtomato

Reaction score
Hi,

I have scratched the rear bumper (about 30cm wide) of my Audi A3 (ice silver), and I am looking for a reputable body shop around Twickenham that could fix it for a reasonable price.

I have considered also using some mobile repairers like Chips Away or Revive UK, but online reviews seem to be very variable, and I can't find reviews for the local technicians. Also, it would seem that those mobile repairs don't last long, and I want to keep my car for at least another year!

Thanks,
Seb

Last edited:
HI

I recommend you use Just car clinic their prices are fixed and the job is perfect...some ******* proper took my corner out of my s3 and i was really ****** off when i found out while i was washing my car...took it too these guys wondering whether theyl put the paint back to how it was....I was in love with them wen i went to pick it back up...cost me £60 and they also cleaned and washed my car. :)

thanks, but none near me. I am located in Twickenham, Greater London.

Well, I have been around a few body shops in the Twickenham/Hampton/Kingston area. As the plastic bumper hit the metal beam, it has to be removed and fixed, so not a job for a mobile repairer anymore.

Was quoted quite different prices (incl. VAT) for removing the rear bumper, fixing it and repainting it in full:
  • H & L motors in Twickenham: £490. They seem to be an approved Audi/Vw repairer, and wanted three days for the job
  • The Little Body Shop: £400 (very small and a bit messy)
  • Fb coachworks Molesey: £240. They had quite a few sports cars when I went there. Job to be done in 1.5 days. They also do a lot of classic car restoration, which I guess takes more skills.

Anybody heard of those companies and can advise?
I think repainting the entire bumper is probably an easier job than just painting a section, but colour matching will be difficult on a metallic silver paint.

I wish there was a website like Checkatrade for car repairers and body shops, as it's very hard to find recommendations or reviews!

Last edited:
I reversed into a post a few months back and because the post was leaning inwards, the boot lid took a lot of the impact as well as the bumper. I ended up with a creased bumper, misshapen crash bar, heavily dented boot and cracked Audi badge.

This was all repaired for £315.80 (the £15.80 being for the badge). They had the car for 3 days, beat it back into shape (including the crash bar), filled it out smooth again, resprayed and baked it in the oven etc. The job was perfect actually, you can't even tell it's been done.

The guys are called Fix Auto and they seem to be a worldwide outfit. I've had a look and they have a body shop in Isleworth so I'd definitely recommend giving them a visit.

Auto Body Repair Shop FIX AUTO Isleworth, UK | Home

Thank you, I will go visit Fix Auto tomorrow for a quote. It's also nice to get some idea of costing, as your damage sounds a lot more than mine.

Oh well. I drove today to the Isleworth branch, and it's no longer the same company, and seems to be an independent body shop now.
I guess their website is not really up-to-date.

That's a bummer, is there anymore near you that you could check out and phone ahead beforehand?

Did you get a quote from the new body shop anyway? Wouldn't hurt I suppose.

That's a bummer, is there anymore near you that you could check out and phone ahead beforehand?

Did you get a quote from the new body shop anyway? Wouldn't hurt I suppose.
No I didn't get a quote, as the shop didn't look that professional from the outside.

I decided to get my car done by F.b. coachworks in Molesey (Kingston upon Thames borough). They ended up charging less than the original quote, and work done is really good (can't really see any evidences of the repair on the entire rear bumper, and silver is a hard colour to match).
The work was also done really quickly: I dropped the car in the morning, and they brought it back in the afternoon of the same day (when other body shops wanted the car for three days).

A friendly, efficient, very competitive and experienced body shop, highly recommended.