A3 2.0T Fuel Pressure Issue?

nobbyneb

Reaction score
Hi all, if anyone has any hints on the following, it'd be sincerely appreciated!

Had the Check Engine light up on my A3 ('07 2.0 FSi) - vag-com is showing the following message below. Switched it off but same fault appeared the next day.

Any idea how serious this might be i.e. whether OK to drive for the next couple of days without too much issue for the engine? I assume most likely to be a new fuel pressure reg?

much thanks -
Ben

1 Fault Found:

004767 - Low-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulation

P129F - 001 - Pressure too High - MIL ON
Freeze Frame:​
Fault Status: 11100001​
Fault Priority: 2​
Fault Frequency: 1​
Mileage: 136520 km​
Time Indication: 0​
Date: 2012.12.02​
Time: 10:58:32​

Freeze Frame:
RPM: 879 /min​
Load: 31.4 %​
Speed: 0.0 km/h​
Temperature: 4.0°C​
Temperature: 1.0°C​
Absolute Pres.: 1000.0 mbar​
Voltage: 14.224 V​
Readiness: 0000 0000​

Could be the low pressure fuel sensor/thrust sensor thats packing up. They do tend to be problematic

Could be the low pressure fuel sensor/thrust sensor thats packing up. They do tend to be problematic

second that.. AFAIK it wont cause additional damage but it may be become a pain.. typically, the problem gets worse, and can lead to fuel cutouts at almost any rpm and/or car stalling/running lean/rich

Theres a tech note out for 07-08 cars they have a defective design low pressure sensor suffers from fuel ingress and will read full range all the time, they're about £50 from the dealers and a 5 minute job to change.