Flat Tyre Warning
Light and Rain pack
Interior Light Pack
Non Smoker
Piano Varnish
Rear Floor Matts
Boot Mat

to be precise! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

How much discount can you get from a Main Dealer?

Really that high, right I'm going to have a go at drilling my stealer down on price!

Welcome - good choice and spec.

8/9% off should be achievable from a dealer. Basically, get them to match the Drive the Deal price....

Incidentally, there must be a glitch in the DtheD matrix at the moment - checked recently for prices and the 3 door 2.0T has a healthy £2k discount off list price, the 5 door has a measly £48. What's that all about...?

Or you could buy my 7 month old sportback - similar spec to your own. But no waiting list /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. See my post in this forum if you are interested.

In my experience the stealers (Scottish ones anyway!) won't give anywhere near that discount /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The best I could get from them was about 4-5%

Looks like I will be going to DriveTheDeal for my spec:

2.0TDI Sline Quattro
Metallic Silver
Exterior S-Line Kit
Carpet Mats
Bose Sound System
Non Smoking Pack
Electric Sunroof
Acoustic Parking System
Front Armrest
Heated Front Seats
Multifunction Steering Wheel
Mudflaps

DTD price around £23k

No, I don't but when I went for a couple of test drives I asked them for their best prices and they would only offer 4-5%!!

Last time i checked DTD, they were only offering around £48 a couple of weeks ago. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Last time i checked DTD, they were only offering around £48 a couple of weeks ago. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah for some reason discounts on the sportback are coming up like that!! The 3 door I quoted has about £2500 off list price.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah for some reason discounts on the sportback are coming up like that!! The 3 door I quoted has about £2500 off list price.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weird! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Weird! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Best I got was 6%, no one in my area would get close to DTD even after being shown the quote.

[ QUOTE ]
Best I got was 6%, no one in my area would get close to DTD even after being shown the quote.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what did you do?? Did you go with DTD?

I've managed 8%+ off from my dealer on a Sportback 2.0TFSI quattro s-line with quite alot of extras added as well. I just took in a buyacar.com quote to one dealer he beat the quote by £400, then I went to our local Audi dealer told them the quote from dealer one and they knocked some more of that. As I've said it works out about 8% and maybe slightly more. The only bad thing was that we,ve had to wait over two weeks for them to order it due to allocation limitations.

~Dan~

18 '20 Spoke'
Anyone have any pictures of these on a A3? I know they are in the brochure and on the wbsite but you can't really see what they are like...

If anyone wants to place an order for an A3 between now and 30th September I can get 10% discount from a UK (Midlands based) dealer. PM me for details.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I went with the dealer. Lots of dealers in my area were quite happy to have me walk out the door knowing I had the cash ready to place an order, they simply would not match the DTD quote.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I went with the dealer. Lots of dealers in my area were quite happy to have me walk out the door knowing I had the cash ready to place an order, they simply would not match the DTD quote.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did you not go with DTD then, as they were cheaper?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did you not go with DTD then, as they were cheaper?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the dealer could get it faster and I would have rather dealt with someone face to face.

People buy of People - thats why they build raport and win your trust, so that you buy off them.

As I said any Scottish Dealer I have spoken to won't go anywhere near DTD prices.

As for delivery, I have spoken to Dulwich Audi who have given me some good prices on the car but want to drive the car from London to Glasgow as they don't have a transporter.

Looks like I'll be going with DTD.

Gents, just a quick update, I bought my car through DTD and you should not worry about 'dealing with someone face to face'. Once your transaction is complete you are contacted by whichever Audi Stealer DTD is using (they ONLY use UK main dealers) and then you liaise with them for delivery. All dealers work on roughly the same delivery times so unless they have a cancellation order with the exact spec you want then it's probably BS. DTD are great - max discount, no negotiation. Do not hesitate to use them. I did and several other as.net posters have also.

I used DtheD for my last car. It was a dealer in Derby. Delivered on a transporter to my home in Herts on a Saturday morning in mint condition with I think about 3 miles on the clock.

Would have readily used them again this time but needed a trade in as couldn't sell my car privately. The Derby dealership was one of the most efficient and courteous dealers I have come across (by telephone and post of course). Even got a follow up call a few weeks later to check I was happy.

Word! My dealer was in Scotland. He was very friendly and even patient when the numb-nuts finance company I was using bollocksed things up and made his payment for the car several weeks after the delivery!

[ QUOTE ]
Word! My dealer was in Scotland. He was very friendly and even patient when the numb-nuts finance company I was using bollocksed things up and made his payment for the car several weeks after the delivery!

[/ QUOTE ]

djoblong, where was the dealer based? Glasgow, Stirling, Perth, Edinburgh or the Highlands?

Too late for the Scottish Dealers!!! Just ordered mine from dealer down south /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

Massive thanks to Booster - I have just placed my order with a Audi main dealer and creamed over 2k off list (10%)

So if your looking at buying through DTD or anywhere else, you may want to drop a PM to Booster?!

So I have added BOSE instead of the CD changer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Should be here in October!

[ QUOTE ]
Massive thanks to Booster - I have just placed my order with a Audi main dealer and creamed over 2k off list (10%)

So if your looking at buying through DTD or anywhere else, you may want to drop a PM to Booster?!

So I have added BOSE instead of the CD changer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too!!! 10% is great!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif Booster!!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

October? that's fast

Pleasure to be of assistance gents /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

October is very fast delivery!

I think he had an order going through/fell through so he had just added the options onto that one... (I think)