induction kit

southylad

Reaction score
is it worth getting the k+n induction kit or just the panel filter for my 2.0 tdi ?

My friend just bought the APR CAI for the 2.0tdi off awesome gti. Have a look at that one:)

If you go for the panel filter option my Carbonio air box would look very nice under the bonnet as well!

I had a K&N panel filter on my 2.0 TDI 140 and noticed no difference at all. I only had it on for a few months and then read some info about how much extra dirt and dust they let through, so swapped it out for an OEM filter again.
Unless your going for a remap, new exhaust system etc. Im not sure its worth changing it.

Induction kits for a TDI are a total waste of money, the standard filter flows perfectly good enough for over 220bhp.

monster_munch.... where did you read that about K&N panel filters? Ive got one on my 2.0tdi and have also noticed no difference at all but wasn't aware it could be worse for my engine! what about K&N's claims about being the worlds best filter etc?? Thanks

I think K&N like every company claim to have the worlds best products cause if someone comes along with no common sense or knowledge they will use that 'worlds best' statement and buy the product for that reason alone.

Would the induction kits make the intake sound any better on a diesel? as it would normally on a petrol?

diesels are designed in the way that they dont need that much air flow therefore any extra panels/induction kits are waste of money and time. In general diesel tuning is somewhat inappropriate unless you just want a bit of extra pull then remapping will be enough but if you thinking that this will change its sluggish plain nature you will be well disappointed.

Most aftermarket panel filters have the potential to actually do your car more harm than good. The oils used to trap dirt particles in the filter can coat the MAF rendering it ********