Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport

Thread: induction kit

2nd Gear

Status

induction kit

is it worth getting the k+n induction kit or just the panel filter for my 2.0 tdi ?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    I wouldn't mind to know this either any info anyone?

2nd Gear

Status
    My friend just bought the APR CAI for the 2.0tdi off awesome gti. Have a look at that one

5th Gear

Status
    If you go for the panel filter option my Carbonio air box would look very nice under the bonnet as well!
    "Dont get me wrong. Ugly girls need loving. Just not by me."

1st Gear

Status
    I had a K&N panel filter on my 2.0 TDI 140 and noticed no difference at all. I only had it on for a few months and then read some info about how much extra dirt and dust they let through, so swapped it out for an OEM filter again.
    Unless your going for a remap, new exhaust system etc. Im not sure its worth changing it.

3rd Gear

Status

induction kit

Induction kits for a TDI are a total waste of money, the standard filter flows perfectly good enough for over 220bhp.
    TDI PD170 S-Line Sportback... 191.2bhp & 290lb/ft torque @ standard with an iffy turbo! No idea with the new one or Shark Stage 1 remap installed, DPF off Stage 1 ready to go, Suspension & wheels to be fitted!
    Bits for sale...
    Genuine S-line 18" alloys, A3 Sportback rear lights. A3 5dr window switches & mirror switch. , Brand new PD170 engine cover. PM for details.

Reverse Gear

Status
    monster_munch.... where did you read that about K&N panel filters? Ive got one on my 2.0tdi and have also noticed no difference at all but wasn't aware it could be worse for my engine! what about K&N's claims about being the worlds best filter etc?? Thanks

AndyA3170
    I think K&N like every company claim to have the worlds best products cause if someone comes along with no common sense or knowledge they will use that 'worlds best' statement and buy the product for that reason alone.

Neutral

Status
    Would the induction kits make the intake sound any better on a diesel? as it would normally on a petrol?

5th Gear

Status
    diesels are designed in the way that they dont need that much air flow therefore any extra panels/induction kits are waste of money and time. In general diesel tuning is somewhat inappropriate unless you just want a bit of extra pull then remapping will be enough but if you thinking that this will change its sluggish plain nature you will be well disappointed.
    Be patient. English is tough.

Now:

61 Audi S3 BE S-Tronic Ibis White: Build Thread.
    / Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / Milltek Resonated TBE / LOBA HPFP/ GFB DV+ / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

3rd Gear

Status

induction kit

Most aftermarket panel filters have the potential to actually do your car more harm than good. The oils used to trap dirt particles in the filter can coat the MAF rendering it buggered
    TDI PD170 S-Line Sportback... 191.2bhp & 290lb/ft torque @ standard with an iffy turbo! No idea with the new one or Shark Stage 1 remap installed, DPF off Stage 1 ready to go, Suspension & wheels to be fitted!
    Bits for sale...
    Genuine S-line 18" alloys, A3 Sportback rear lights. A3 5dr window switches & mirror switch. , Brand new PD170 engine cover. PM for details.