Did all 8P2 S3's come with double din head unit as standard?

Kylodicanio

Reaction score
Reason I ask is I'm trying to figure out what my 2007 S3 should have. I'm pretty sure my dash has been tampered with a bit, I have single din cage which is damaged, fitted with double din climate control unit! I also have a switch for DRL when the car has xenons! Could you even get this age of S3 with DRL? And to top it all off the single din stereo fitted didn't work, on further inspection it turns out that all the wires at the back are cut so now have no OEM plugs to attach stereo to! Please help, I have no idea what best solution is I just want a radio that works!!!!! Thanks in advance.

mines a 57 reg mate and mine came with double din audi symphony built in 6cd changer - will be posting in classifieds ad - and also yes it does come withDRL's but not like the facelift version with the led strip the look like normal side lights -

Reason I ask is I'm trying to figure out what my 2007 S3 should have. I'm pretty sure my dash has been tampered with a bit, I have single din cage which is damaged, fitted with double din climate control unit! I also have a switch for DRL when the car has xenons! Could you even get this age of S3 with DRL? And to top it all off the single din stereo fitted didn't work, on further inspection it turns out that all the wires at the back are cut so now have no OEM plugs to attach stereo to! Please help, I have no idea what best solution is I just want a radio that works!!!!! Thanks in advance.

The car would of had a double din stereo from the factory or even RNS-e, and all S3's have DRL's. The early cars light up the inner bulb of the headlight assembly to act as the DRL, the 8P3 facelift went to LED strip....

Thanks for the info, thought as much. I have a double female connector for the aerial which I think is for the rns-e, or is it any double din stereo????
Also the DRL's don't work but hopefully just a fuse or something.

Thanks for the info, thought as much. I have a double female connector for the aerial which I think is for the rns-e, or is it any double din stereo????
Also the DRL's don't work but hopefully just a fuse or something.

If you have a female aerial lead in the car then it would of had the Concert or Symphony stereo rather than the RNS-e as this uses the Fakra connection.

This connection is the aerial connection right? There is also a blue connector(sorry no photo) is this fakra? The rest are all missing!

Sounds like it may have been fitted with an RNSE from the factory and someone has swapped it out before sale.

This connection is the aerial connection right? There is also a blue connector(sorry no photo) is this fakra? The rest are all missing!
View attachment 9322

Yeah that's Fakra but I think the later double din stereos use that too as well as RNS-e. You can tell if the car had Nav from the factory as it will have a fin on the roof though it will have this if Bluetooth was fitted too...

Ok that's great thanks, have managed to confirm with Audi that the car had a concert stereo fitted originally and probably double din as my connections seem to say. Just need to find out if that's enough info to hopefully be able to buy a harness adaptor that can be permanently wired in for an aftermarket head unit as that is sounding the easiest option. Is there any way of knowing what system I have in regards to amplifier??? I have the Bose speakers in the front doors and the guy at the auto electricians said there was no speaker wires in dash to directly feed speakers from head unit so assuming there is one supply to the amp then distributed to speakers??? Cheers.