Chris NottVolks Autos
    1st Gear

Status

Rattle Post Update

Thought all affected parties might be interested in latest rattly window update (I'm thinking of forming a seperate special interest group "The rattle club" - cool snake logo - t-shirts & badges etc). Sure enough passenger side window has started to rattle along with the return of the drivers window - despite having frame, seals & godknows what else replaced.
    Drove home from work with stereo rattles making hell of a noise. However - treated both doors with BMW "Gummi-Pflege" spray (part no 82 14 9 407 015 - I think) and the rattles instantly disappeared. Interestingly (well to me anyway) I sprayed the the seals around the door frame and the door cavities - rather than the windows. Seems to have done the trick - for the moment anyway.
    Thanks to Santa93 for this recommendation - however for the health conscious - the US have banned the stuff on the grounds that it gives you cancer or something...take your pick...

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status

Re: Rattle Post Update

I have had similiar experiences. Drivers side started rattling after waxing, and it was quickly driving me nuts. I had some old leftover silicone (not spray but on a stick) and thought why not give it a try. After applying it around the door frame seals the rattles were history, and haven't returned - atleast not yet..

Top Gear

Status

I've got a rattle in or around my arm rest when the car is cold and i'm doing about 30mph - really annoying gonna mention it next time the cars in.

6th Gear

Status

When you report any rattle,make sure your car is empty !

I've had mechanics blame anything from CD's in the glovebox to my childseat in the back.

Like I can't tell the difference between a normal rattle and an abnormal one in my own car ! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif[/img]

Don't give them an excuse to blame something easy !

6th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    When you report any rattle,make sure your car is empty !

I've had mechanics blame anything from CD's in the glovebox to my childseat in the back.

Like I can't tell the difference between a normal rattle and an abnormal one in my own car ! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif[/img]

Don't give them an excuse to blame something easy !

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the oldest 'get out' klorse in the book, wayne-kerrs!