The 20bhp+ increase on EBAY......

• Thread starter imported_tobycruse
  • Start date
I

imported_tobycruse

Im sure you have all seen on EBAY those items for about £5 that clam to increase power to the engine by telling the ECU that the air coming in is cold and increasing the mix or something. All they are is a resistor and some instructions.

My question is has anyone bought one and DO THEY WORK?!?!?!?

I can't comment on the £5 things,but I bought a £30 'tuning box' from ebay which is basically a resistor in a VAG connector box.
I didn't use it,so I sold it to someone else on this forum for £20.
He e-mailed me (and reported on here) satying that it worked a treat and he was chuffed to bits.
Best £20 he'd spent,he reckoned.

And i bought one from a different seller and it was pants.

Just be careful mate !

Here's a link to the one that I had,and which allegedly works (do a search on the diesel tuning forum for the guy's report)

www.pdtuning.co.uk

They quote a price on that website,but they actually sell them cheaper on ebay.

I dunno about you guys but I didn't spend 43K on an Audi to let some 5 quid bit of plastic mess around with the ECU !!

[ QUOTE ]
but there quoted improvement takes the car up to 155bhp....most are that already.

[/ QUOTE ]

The increases they claim should be the same whatever your standard engine puts out.
It's not a case of "our product takes you to 155bhp and that's that,full stop".

Here's the comments from MikeA3,who I sold my box to;

<font color="red"> OK, the results are in, I haven't had it rr's so couldn't give you an exact bhp increase but i reckon it's added another 10 - 15bhp.

You don't really notice much of a difference in first, but all the other gears theres a noticable improvement, especially in the mid range. The engine also seems to run a lot smoother when idling but that might be me listening to it without the radio.

I haven't been on any long trips so don't know how it will affect the fuel consumption but i'm off to scotland next month for the open so i should be able to get some proper figures posted.

All in all, I'm really happy with it, I know it's not the same as having it AMD'd but until I find that £500 down the back of the sofa it'll do for now.

For £20, it was a bargain!! </font>