NEW CAR BIG HEADACHE!!

kie328

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I hope you can help me a bit, I am very new to the forum and my new A3 but I have problems with it already

1 first thing was a screeech at start up i was told it was the starter moter on its way out?

2 second its strugling to start when its warm/hot but when its cold its fine was told could be heater plugs?

3 third its a dsg gearbox and when in N i can feel a slight judder but when in D or R its not there atall ?

4 fourth thing a turbo pipe has blown and is being replaced tomorrow is this commen?

54 plate 2.0 tdi with 116k on the clock turbo was replaced at 97k

are these commen things or have a bought a bag of sh!t...

any tips advice much appreciated.....

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Any pics of the car? Where are you located? Have a read of the faqs threads, you may find some answers in there. Enjoy the forum. :) x

thanks for the fast reply..yeah i thought so myself new starter it is then!

hopefully someone could answer the others....

With ref to the turbo pipe , yes this is a common issue for the clips to give in allowing pipe to come off .

once replaced though should be good for another few years .

shudder on dsg is hard to diagnose , it could be dual mass flywheel starting to wear / fail but then it might not be .

I would strongly suggest making sure the dsg has been serviced , it's required at every 40k mmiles and is a must or risk expensive repairs

and welcome to the forum , these guys will help you spend money ! :)

john

hi 347 thanks for reply the pipe worried me as it happend within 2 weeks of me owning it im worried it will happen again!

from reading a bit more i belive it could be the D M F causing the juddering (HOPE NOT!)

the service book does show that dsg box was serviced by audi at 40k and 80k so not due till 120k

thanks again for every ones input.....