Purchased A3 2.0T Sport in California

eggm4n

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just purchased my A3 2.0T Sport here in California. I ended up with DSG, Open sky, Bose Radio, Convenience package, black ext, and grey leather seating surfaces. I paid $31,450.

I still have yet to spot one on the streets. Suffice it to say, I really like the car. I gave my wife my 2003 VW Passat Wagon.

I'll probably purchase the Phatbox after market, so I'll be sure to get some pictures of the instal for those that might be interested. I did a bot of a custom install of the Phatbox on the VW.

Sounds nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

What does the convenience package consist of?

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Oh ******, just look at the prices you yank pay. Ik am sooooo jealous!

That kind of money doesn't even buy the base 1,6 version without any extra's in Holland. Maybe it's time to emigrate...

Welcome to the forum!

I'll bet the A3 is quite a sight in the 'states, stuck between lifted pickups and old "Griswald" station-wagons ;-)

US tuners are beginning to enter the A3 game, with chips already available... This is the beginning of a long story!

Yeah - and haven't "gas" prices just "gone thru the roof" - thanks to Katrina - now about 90 cents (45p) a litre? Tempted to get political here - but I'll bite my lip...

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

What does the convenience package consist of?

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the warm welcome! The Convenience package includes:

Homelink: Basically a garage door opener. (usless for me)
Storage PAckage: I think this is two drawers under the front seats, and cargo net for the back.
Trip Computer: My favorite feature on my VW Pasat. lots of nice info for fuel efficency, temp, etc..
Auto-dimming int mirror.
Rain/light sensor.

And let me add... The Xenon headlights are amazing. It's like getting glasses for the first time. The clarity is fantastic.

[ QUOTE ]
I just purchased my A3 2.0T Sport here in California. I ended up with DSG, Open sky, Bose Radio, Convenience package, black ext, and grey leather seating surfaces. I paid $31,450.

[/ QUOTE ]
According to the latest exchange rates on Yahoo, that works out at 17,055.81 GBP. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I bet a similar-specced UK car will be at least 5k more (GBP of course) ...

The dealer explained to me that this first batch has very little mark-up compaired with other Audi's as they are trying to get a lot of early adopters. This is a new model in the US, and there are some that don't think a "Eurocar" can sell in the States.

In my option this car is great for the city. Parking is a breeze. People that live in the suburbs who are over-weight and never walk will not like this car. (But they all drive Hummers anyway.

So long story short, the price will go up the US, especially after there is recognied demand. The A3 2.0T is getting GREAT press in the US.

I think the A3 3.2T Quattro is coming out next year, and those will be pretty pricey.

Yes, prices are excellent here in the States. I just got mine (in Maryland) yesterday: 2.0T FSI/MT6/Sport/OpenSky. I paid $27,735. Amazing. Obviously I'm loving it, can't wait to get it on a track.

A great forum you have here!

Cheers, Bill