A couple of question for you guys with new S-Lines

Roswell

Reaction score
1. If you opt for a multifunction steering wheel, does it still have the fancy stitching and S-Line logo?

2. Does it come with a spare wheel as standard or is it the "tyre mobility system"?

3. Anyone go for the aluminum gear knob?? Any pics?

4. Just a general quesion......what's the general opinion on the heated seat option?

Thanks,

Roswell

heres some answers

1) Yes mine has red and white stitching and an s-line logo at the bottom

2) I have a spare wheel (looks like a space saver)

3) Not me

4) Heated seats - a good option for comfort (already used them twice this week)- i like that you can change the amout of heat (in my old mazda they were just on or off) - but they probably won't add much to the cars residuals!

Owen - you got a multifunction S-Line wheel? I was under the impression that the multifunction and S-Line were mutually exclusive...

Hi

Collect mine tomorrow, but have seen it already.

Re questions :

I have the multifunction wheel with logo and stitching. It is a manual car too. The new s-line wheel is only part perforated now though. Cost £160 (not clear in brochure though as it only mentioned DSG in my version, so had to ask Audi Customer Services to confirm).

I have spare wheel

Not seen the alu gear knob before, apart from in brochures.

Heated seats - love them. Won't get money back but they are great in winter as they heat up almost instantly for a cold morning (know from previous A3 with them).

Rob

OK - maybe it was multifunction + DGS paddles that wasn't available as S-Line. I didn't try to configure with a manual 'box. I have space saver spare too.

Little Wing - I am sure dsg version is available too if you are thinking of one as that was the only version it mentioned in the price list when I ordered mine.

Roswell - if I can tear myself away from driving all day tomorrow, I will take a few pics and post them for you.

Rob - thanks, but I already have mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Maybe the web configurator was wrong, but my dealer also thought that you couldn't get DSG + Multi wheel in S-Line. I have DSG S-Line, and you have Multi S-Line - does anyone actually have all three?

[ QUOTE ]
Little Wing - I am sure dsg version is available too if you are thinking of one as that was the only version it mentioned in the price list when I ordered mine.

Roswell - if I can tear myself away from driving all day tomorrow, I will take a few pics and post them for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool Rob!! Look forward to them!

[ QUOTE ]
Rob - thanks, but I already have mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Maybe the web configurator was wrong, but my dealer also thought that you couldn't get DSG + Multi wheel in S-Line. I have DSG S-Line, and you have Multi S-Line - does anyone actually have all three?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. But, mine is a Sportback if that makes a difference /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

My new 3.2 will be DSg S line with mf wheel and dsg paddles.

1. Mine has the logo but not the fancy stitching.
2. I've a space saver pare
3. I got it, well worth it IMO, sets the interior off nicely.
4. Had them on this morning, one of the best options I got

3. Had one on my last car. Cold in winter, too hot in summer. But looks v nice.

4. Quite a nice feature on ultra cold days but hardly used them on my last Audi so decided not to go for them this time. Yet to try a winter without them though so maybe I'll regret that...

Could someone post a pic of the sportback DSG multi-function steering wheel with S-Line logo and stitching please - I'll take it to the dealer to prove it exists and see what he has to say...

Audi configurator is next to useless. I wanted the mf wheel and after being tolf you couldn't have it with DSG I found out that you can have one with the paddles. I will hopefully be able to prove it when I collect later this month. Car in build today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

On Page 18/19 of the A3 Sportback August price list, it clearly shows, for £160, an SLine Multifunction wheel being available for DSG models (see link below). Dealers......

http://www.audi.co.uk/downloads/A3Sportback_Price_List.pdf.

I have now taken some pics of the wheel (manual version) but I am not able to upload photos into gallery at the moment (AS.net server problem I believe), so afraid you will have to wait to see them. When you do see a pic, it looks a lot better in the flesh than in a photo too!

Rob

I ordered my car back in Jan (DSG,S-line) and I'm sure I could have had an MF wheel as an option.
I'm sure we discussed it,but decided against it when I dismissed cruise control.

It was probably a combination of me, the Audi configurator and the dealer all being a bit crap. I'm not overly bothered tbh, I quite like the clean look of the non-multi wheel. Hey-ho.

Just gone through the configurator again and there still isn't an option for the multi-function wheel on 3.2 DSG Sportback Quattro. Good, innit?