Top Gear DVD - My little find!

MattyW19

Reaction score
It's an M3... It's was designed to be driven like that. It's covered by warranty anyway.... :laugh:

What's weird is you searched for it online on Christmas day??!!!

@Smurfworth No, not within the first 2,000 miles of the car. Yes it is an M3, but all I am saying is as an approved BMW I wouldn't of thought it had been battered round a track - only doing 2000 miles! The running-in period clearly went out of the roof on that one.

@Audicruiser I was browsing the other day through the approved section on the BMW site and I saw this M3. I randomly remember little things, in this case the end letters of the M3's reg - That's why I double checked! I didn't watch the DVD then search every car manufacturer to see if they were selling the cars -_-

Who cares about running in periods, there are proven methods as well as people over in the 8L section that give the engine a extremely hard run in and it actually makes a stronger engine which provides more power.

Pretty sure there's someone on here that remapped an S3 within a thousand miles too.

Reactions: RedDejavu
it happens to loads of cars, i've had plenty of stuff out on test drive/courtesy/rental with low miles and given it death
goes to find the reg of the A3 he had a few months back......

Pretty sure there's someone on here that remapped an S3 within a thousand miles too.

Just under 400 actually

IMAG0912

That was after my return from awesome gti

Oh well fair enough then!

I know theres different ways to run an engine in.. I just wouldn't want that M3 as it's had a DVD made about it. However, some people may like that?

That MPG from a remapped S3 isn't bad at all!

Reactions: monopole
Who cares about running in periods, there are proven methods as well as people over in the 8L section that give the engine a extremely hard run in and it actually makes a stronger engine which provides more power.

Engines which are run in harder are well known for being stronger. However, the amount of oil they get through and life of the motor is a different story.

I disagree, if it was bad for it then why would the engineers allow you to do it. It's not like the M3 has had the rev limit taken off and allowed to run to 15k rpm.

Take out a warranty and drive it like you stole it. It's there to be used.

I disagree, if it was bad for it then why would the engineers allow you to do it. It's not like the M3 has had the rev limit taken off and allowed to run to 15k rpm.

Take out a warranty and drive it like you stole it. It's there to be used.

I disagree. Driving a car like you stole it is asking for trouble - Not only if your planning on doing this on the public roads, but a dealership refused to repair an S3 due to how hard it had been ragged. They were able to provide evidence that the car had been misused and the guy had a bill of a new bottom end for his engine - Not to mention everything else which went with it.

You seem to disagree with all my comments, so you'll no doubt disagree with that too. However, an engine which is trashed doesn't last as long, im sorry but they just don't - it's increased wear and everything.

Why would you considering taking out a warrenty if it's going to last?

well m engines are ready to race out of the box and the only think id be ****** of about would be driving hard from cold but the newer m cars wont let you rev them hight till the oil is up to temp.

Last edited:
There's no point in buying an s3 if your not going to use it. People that go on about how economic they are don't deserve to own one. It wears an S badge for a reason just as the M3 wears an M badge for a reason. The only thing that would give up on the M3 would be The clutch due to the way clarkson uses it.

The reason for warranty, because Audi has shoddy build quality and put cheap components on their cars such as BKD turbos. The warranty I have on mine will pay out for everything accept wear and tear. I wouldn't say bottom end damage is due to wear and tear.

As long as it is maintained more if you do thrash it then the engine will last.