New Scottish Owner - A3

BREMBO1

Reaction score
Evening everyone and Merry Xmas for tommorow!

My name is Ben, I just purchased a 2005 (54) Audi A3 1.9 TDI in Black, I think its the SE model. Just upgraded from a Clio DCI so is a huge improvment and enjoying it so far. I also own a Clio V6 (Mk1) which is my pride and joy but is tucked up in the garage for winter.

Sure I will probaly have a few questions as hoping to maybe do a few wee things to the A3 (Alloys, cruise control, OEM xenons; if possible? LED rear lights which look like they come off a higher spec model) looking to hopefully get out and clean it aswell as rather keen on my detailing but has been raining a lot.

Only question I do have is I have noticed when the engine is at full temp if I was to go out then get back in (maybe 1/2 mins) it takes a little while to turnover compared to starting from cold which has no problems at all.

Thanks and look forward to posting.

Ben

Hi Ben, welcome to audi-sport.net. Good to have another Scottish member. Have a look over in the A3 8P section of the forum. Read the faqs threads at the top of the page, lots of useful info in there. I will add you to the Scottish members list. Where in Scotland are you? Hope you will join us for local meets. Have a great Christmas Ben and enjoy the forum. :) x

Scotland

Hi

Welcome!

Mine does that too! No idea why... Sorry!

Had a new battery, no different?

Thanks for the welcome and will do that. I'm from Edinburgh.

Hopefully do some meets if not to far away!

Rather than clog up the forum elsewhere I was wondering if some people could help me with the following questions.

The seats being the first thing, being a 3 door I have noticed the seats when pulled up although the top part of the chair collapses the seat doesnt come forward, I have seen mention of a guide on here but I cant find it anywhere - can anyone possibly post it or tell me what the issue is - if any!

Secondly I think I'm right in saying I have the SE version I was looking to change to the Sport alloys (4 thick spoke type) at a later date, I thought the cars shared the same ride height, but I'm I correct in saying the Sport is 15mm lower, will the alloys be obvious on the SE if changed i.e. sit a lot higher?

Lastly the rear and front lights. I would like to change the rear lights to an LED type but an OEM if any exist? also the front lights to a xenon again OEM if they exist? and on lights could anyone tell me the bulb type used to show the reg plate as might change these to an LED type.

Thanks - hopefully!!