put egr blank in and not getting warning light?

southylad

Reaction score
as title says i just installed my egr blank plate , i expected to get a warning light up on dash to warn its not workig but nothing?

i put the blank plate inbetween the thinner silver pipe and the egr on right hand side is this correct?

any ideas why the dash ight has not come on as i have the car booked in for remap and egr light and software mapped out but its not on? any advice would be great.
ok the pics is on its side so pipe i put it on is at the top of pic.

Attachments

• 20121209_114532.jpg
    20121209_114532.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 226
When i was trying to find a stutter on my BKD, I blocked the hose feeding the EGR valve using a golf tee. The car drove so much smoother, and no fault came until a coolish damp morning.

When i was trying to find a stutter on my BKD, I blocked the hose feeding the EGR valve using a golf tee. The car drove so much smoother, and no fault came until a coolish damp morning.
which one the little black hose is that a vacume hose does that operate a diafram to open and close the egr is it as simple as takeing that of and blanking that? the car seems to idle a lot smoother already yeh

Yep, it's just a vacuum pipe connected to a diaphragm. A spring holds the valve shut, then the vacuum opens the valve.

It might take a while for it to appear - too a couple of days on my old diesel.

Management light now on came on this morning

Southylad, pleased to report no clutch slip after the map and damn it goes some now! Sorry wrong thread being lazzzzzyyyyy

Southylad, pleased to report no clutch slip after the map and damn it goes some now! Sorry wrong thread being lazzzzzyyyyy

Hey glad to here that mate bet it was a good drive home eh , can't wait to get mine done now mate bet it puts a smile on your face every time you touch the peddle eh

Southylad, would you be able to mark on the photo where to fit the blanking plate? Looks like this will be my next mod.

Cheers

Southylad, would you be able to mark on the photo where to fit the blanking plate? Looks like this will be my next mod.

Cheers
Can't seem to do it in editing mate but will try and explain for a start the pic has been flipped so the top is in fact the right hand side so you see the silver pipe with the oval flange and 2 hex bolts holding it at top of pic you just undo the 2 hex bolts ease the flange away from the egr body and slip you blank in and replace the hex bolts it is an easy job the plates are only couple of quid of eBay then you have to have the egr mapped out if you don't want the eng man light on all the time

Thanks mate!
That was my guess but wanted a confirmation.
I'm gonna go for this part:
028 131 547 B which has a small hole drilled that prevents the EGR light coming on.

The light will and did come on after the EGR delete mod untill the Map is changed.