corrct camber/alignment ? A3 SPORTBACK 5 DOOR..TDI

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
just had camber/alignment checked by kwik fit...........these are the results

car is a sprt model,lowered exactly 23mm on springs (before and after check showed lowering by 23mm using 30mm springs)

Do these need sorting out? kwik fit said yes,but a worker there who carried out the check said they are ok to be honest(but that was on the hush hush)

Are they out alot ?

img025.jpg

img024.jpg

Last edited:
To be honest, I think that the fact that the wheels don't have any consistency in the camber lowering has produced you may have something else wrong?

In the scheme of things the values aren't massively out but I'd be making sure that the left and right wheels are the same to be honest otherwise you can get some strange handling characteristics. And uneven tyre wear.

Are we talking front or rear wheels? the car handles good but ive noticed uneven tyre wear at the FRONT ,the back tyres had changed 2 weeks ago,so cant remember the ones that came off or what they were like,car drives straight.
To be honest, I think that the fact that the wheels don't have any consistency in the camber lowering has produced you may have something else wrong?

In the scheme of things the values aren't massively out but I'd be making sure that the left and right wheels are the same to be honest otherwise you can get some strange handling characteristics. And uneven tyre wear.

From that printout I'd say both!

Looks to me if anything it would pull very slightly to the right. If you can then I'd get it sorted out but that said, I don't think there's camber adjustment in the front wheels? That's why I'm thinking there may be an underlying issue?

what i meant to say was, ive not noticed uneven tyre wear in previous, car dont pull at all drives 100% straight,only reason i had camber check was cuz i had complete rear axle replaced at rear.
From that printout I'd say both!

Looks to me if anything it would pull very slightly to the right. If you can then I'd get it sorted out but that said, I don't think there's camber adjustment in the front wheels? That's why I'm thinking there may be an underlying issue?

Strange...

Back to the original question though, you could get away with that but I'd be getting the alignment done just in case I think.

Also, why did you have the entire rear axle replaced?

some dum cow hit me,only kinking the wheel arch,but breaking half my wheel,the wheel to all the impact,the cradle/axle was kinked so replaced it all............do you think kwik fit may have give/done wrong readings?
Strange...

Back to the original question though, you could get away with that but I'd be getting the alignment done just in case I think.

Also, why did you have the entire rear axle replaced?

Don't bother with Kwik Fit mate, they don't know their **** from their elbow half the time. Take it to somewhere with a Hunters alignment system.

Don't bother with Kwik Fit mate, they don't know their **** from their elbow half the time. Take it to somewhere with a Hunters alignment system.

I'd totally agree with the Kwik Fit comment, just a bunch of stealing tw*ts!

Did the repair company check the chassis wasn't damaged or anything? Wondering if maybe it was slightly twisted or something which could cause the excess camber. Since camber rates are fixed for McPherson setups I can't think if much else... :/

il find out then,thanks,are they out alot? dont know how they say the fronts out,i had 4 wheel alignment done by ats around 7 month ago and car drives spot on,just having a replacement axle thort id get it checked.

no......no damage anywhere apart from rear wheel,and slight kink on cradle/axle that we had to look for,but as i wanted it 100% decided to replace complete rear
I'd totally agree with the Kwik Fit comment, just a bunch of stealing tw*ts!

Did the repair company check the chassis wasn't damaged or anything? Wondering if maybe it was slightly twisted or something which could cause the excess camber. Since camber rates are fixed for McPherson setups I can't think if much else... :/