TTS Engine cover

M

monopole

I neeeeeeeeeeeeed one :yes:

IMAG0940

Question. On removing the oem turbo intake hose, would you normally see it oil soaked inside?

IMAG0939

Reactions: IceHanger
Get one - not expensive and its easy to fit.

You have to buy the two locating bolts for the TT though. I have the parts listed in my thread which I will dig up now for you.

You should see some oil, have you noticed the level of oil drop much or having to add oil more recently?

I asked the exact same question about the presence of oil earlier on in the year, and was told it was normal.

However mine wasn't that oily. I just had a bit on the top rim of the inlet.

Im making the assumption they use oil to aid assembly of the parts, as a bit of oil there, wont affect the turbo. A ****** to pull off, so pretty snug fit.

If it's anything like my Astra VXR then there is a crankcase breather fed into the inlet pipework. This takes oil vapour into the inlet causing the oil you see. If there's loads of it there could be slightly too much crankcase pressure (too much/wrong grade of oil?) but it's deffo not anything to worry about.

Before......

View attachment 9325

aaaand after....

IMAG0946

It came with the correct front x1 and rear x2 legs and fits like a dream

Ordered an S badge off the bay, stuck it on and now the engine bay doesnt look like a bag of old spanners any more :rockwoot:

Reactions: IceHanger
Looking good :yes:

Does anyone make them with the centre section in carbon, that would finish it off.

As above on the oil, normal due to crankcase breather which is fed back into the intake pipework for reduced emissions, on older cars they used to vent to air.