Slightly pee'd off is an understatement!

fuzion

Reaction score
Woke up yesterday morning, to find this on my quarter, drivers door and under my rear window as well.

Unfortunately its past the point of wet sanding and needs to be sprayed so half the side of the car possibly to be sprayed.

Car was parked on my street and assumed it happened during 1am and 7am on Tuesday night (weds morning). To whom you blame as i have my suspicions, but you can only speculate who caused it and why as i probably do have the brightest/cleanest car in the street. Was it on purpose, or was it just some punk *** twit you don't really know. And i haven't done anything in a manner that would cause someone wanting to do this (in all seriousness)

Pretty guttered, and now the hassle of getting it all sorted out in the next coming weeks. And more so i am a fan of original paint, but luckily that i know two very reputable repairers who i swear by that will sort this out for but but besides the point.

dsc02131280x850.jpg

dsc02141280x850.jpg

dsc02121280x850e.jpg

Happened about a month ago now, still sorting out finding the right repairer as the insurance company wants to use some "approved" repairer of theres which i am not happy with.

ohh i feel for you, on my A3 the drivers side wing was completely gone (somehow odd) last week and right now speaking its in for repair!

Hope you get yours sorted

Ouch! :mad:

I believe if you have a problem with someone, you should at least have enough courage to talk to them about it first. I despise all jealous &\or spiteful cnuts out there.

It's Pearlescent paint isn't it? Can you not put in an insurance claim & insist Audi spray it? You can insist on 'like for like' for every claim and unless Audi spray it, it won't be 'factory' IMO.

edit: sorry missed the part under your pics. give em hell!

Gutted for you mate, I hope you get it sorted soon

I would choose your repairer very wisely with any pearl content present in paint in my experience, I have been a detailer by trade for the last 6 years and have seen some rather bad attempts one recently on a Sepang Blue V10 R8 but it is now in the hands of a bodyshop I entrust all my clients cars to.

Insurers are now only allowed to recommend repairers on their lists and you are well within your rights to use whoever you choose once the quotation have been approved.

Regards
John

thanks for all the replies guys..

Yeah its disappointing. As much as its a car its a killer to see something happen to this especially as i know how perfect my paintwork is! (John, also a detailer here with a few years over 6 as well :p) ..

But i do have 2 shops that i will have the work done (via insurance) however the insurance would prefer a cheaper place to do and i am going through lovely arguments and complications regarding the place where i would like the car repaired to my satisfaction of work and quality.

It doesn't help being particularly anal about paintwork and knowing more than most painters on paint finishing. Hopefully the 1 of 2 shops id like the work to be done with will be able to do so without to much complication.

I would choose your repairer very wisely with any pearl content present in paint in my experience, I have been a detailer by trade for the last 6 years and have seen some rather bad attempts one recently on a Sepang Blue V10 R8 but it is now in the hands of a bodyshop I entrust all my clients cars to.

Insurers are now only allowed to recommend repairers on their lists and you are well within your rights to use whoever you choose once the quotation have been approved.

Regards
John