Mechatronic damaged by flood water?

Workshy

Reaction score
Hi all, hoping somebody can shed some light on my shuddering car.
2005 2tdi 140 BKD DGS 80k Miles
Drove in to flood water a month or so back, it was dark, car coming the other way so didnt have main beam on. Anyway, long story short, water up to bonnet, car cut out, was pushed out, still dry inside.
No aparent damage to engine internals, New air flow metre, glow plugs, oil, filters and DSG oil and filter.
However, just got car back and its shuddering a little when pulling away from rest, but seams fine while driving in all other gears. Just about to take it for another test drive. From what i''ve read it sounds like mechatronic unit could be on the way out? The garage that fixed the car wern't sure why it was shuddering, though they thought it could maybe be rust on the flywheel from sitting in water for a short time?
So does it sound like a failed mechatronic unit and could it have been damaged by the flood water, or just bad timming it happening at the same time? if caused by the water then can prob get insurance to cover it.
thanks in advance, hopefully i've given enough info
cheers

As we keep advising folks on here, before going paranoid about this or that, carry out a full VCDS scan.
My bet is water inside a sensor connector.