oil service

Well, my thinking is that it's under warranty so if they do decide to point out a fault, it's up to them to fix it.

I know one thing for sure they'll pull me up on. Tyres, they always do! To be honest one is quite low but i'm holding back as long as possible so that when the better weather comes I can fit my Black Edition wheels with good tyres already attached on.

My mrs has just come home and told me she has kerbed my rotors. STUPID EFFING COW !!!!!!!!!!!

calm down !!!

Back to the thread. 70 to 80 quid an hour labour plus oil at 40 quid and filter probably at another tenner with a stamp in the book plus you get to raz around in a courtesy car which may be better than yours and 150 quid does not look too bad with the stamp in the book as well as a check over and full Audi history come sell up time

I would book it in for that !

feel for you goochy lad, iirc is it not a company car? therefore will work not sort it for you?

yep think I'll just get the car booked into audi

Not for a scuffed alloy. They won't bother with that. As far as they are concerned it goes and stops safely so they won't spend the cash. Damn women !!!!

any problems other than that? i.e. has the car been a success?

Well, my A3 is in. Hopefully it's all relatively straight forward, it should be, it's just an oil change!

In the mean time they've given me a brand new A3 for the day so that's pretty good although it's a pretty bog standard SE model and i'm unsure what size the diesel engine is, I think it's a 2.0 but it's certainly not as pokey as my 2.0 170bhp.

The multimedia/nav is pretty good actually although like others, i'm not sure about the dash, espeicially the air vents. Is the multimedia/nav system now standard in all new A3's?

Couple of pics of it:
Photoa
Photo

have just been to my local Audi dealer and they think my car may not need a service yet. all new audi's (is this correct?) come a a long life service at PDI. As mine car was a delivery mileage demo, when the car was sold to me, the service schedule looks to be reset by mistake. I asked id i can bring my own oil and they said no problem, as long as it correct grade. Think this is 5W30?

btw, Audi charge £79.00 for 4.6 ltr :sadlike:

Well mines been done and all is fine. Although they quoted £189 it was in fact £166.52 inc vat

the fixed oil service is £98.56 ex vat plus £29.02 for the oil (5ltrs). Plus a few sundries to the value of about 10 quid.

tyres need changing but I'm holding out and they also said I needed a new rear washer jet but I said its under warranty so they did that for free.

im pretty happy, considering I got to test out the 8V A3 too.

yeah I think they are on longlife from new. Tap your reg into halfords and it'll tell you what oil to use.

Only pisser was that my alloy kissed the kerb on my way home :(

spoke with my local dealer today after seeing them at the weekend. I was intially told that may car may nit need a oil service, as all new car are set a long life schedule (i.e 18k miles approx, depending on usage). Today i have been told that this has changed in 2012 cars, where they now a two service schedule, oil and then a standard service.

Anyone know what the 1st service mileage should be for a new car?

According to my service book it had it's first service at 19000 miles so long life. It then didn't have one until I picked it up with 36000 on it. The next one is 20k (ish away too) The oil service seems to be every 9K.

If you look your DIS and go to "service" you will see the 2 types of service in there with the amount of time or miles to each one.