Sound system upgrade

Rileym

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for a bit of advice. I have a 2008 Audi A3 with the standard concert head unit with the standard non Bose speakers.

I am looking to do an affordable upgrade so that I don't get the distortion when the sound is turned up.

Does anybody have an idea of what I could get to improve the quality of the sound at an affordable price?

Thanks

Just really depends on your budget!

In my old A3 I had:

Becker Grand Prix head unit
Focal K2P components
Diamond D or M6 10" woofer
Genesis mono block
Genesis 4ch
Audiocontrol EQL

It was a competition build and it sounded amazing but was in the region of £3000 lol

You can change your speakers no problem to an aftermarket company but the amplifier will need to be changed to ensure quality. Then you will need to wire it up to the battery and into the back of the head unit.

Big enough job but easy to do but as initially stated, depends on your budget and how far you want to go!

Haha boydie that's out of most peoples budget lol
personally I would advise that you just change over the speakers to a half decent set ad then put in your own sub and amp. A half decent set of speakers would set you back a couple hundred and then the amp and sub should bring it up to £500 total.
Swap out the head unit and you will have a very sweet sounding car

Haha boydie that's out of most peoples budget lol
personally I would advise that you just change over the speakers to a half decent set ad then put in your own sub and amp. A half decent set of speakers would set you back a couple hundred and then the amp and sub should bring it up to £500 total.
Swap out the head unit and you will have a very sweet sounding car

Sorry to steal the thread...

I also have this headunit - but have the BOSE system;

I am wanting to change the head unit and also use my own 15" JL sub and amp from previous car... Is this possible?

Yeah it is possible but 15"?

I have been down the route of 2x12", 1x12" and finally on 1x10" and the 1x10" was by far the best sounding of the lot.

I have the standard system in my S3 as I didn't want to transfer over my old stuff but:

Headunit: Becker
Speakers: Focal
Sub: Diamond
Amps: Genesis

I have the standard system in my S3 as I didn't want to transfer over my old stuff but:

Headunit: Becker
Speakers: Focal
Sub: Diamond
Amps: Genesis

Sorry for the pointless Question, you have already stated above :banghead: My bad m8

Gonna be upgrading mine soon to a:

Pioneer Headunit
Hertz HSK165 or Voce K6 front componants
Some rear fill coaxils for the rear doors
Hertz HXD 300 12" sub
Hertz HP5 amp