Lamin-X.. How much do I need?

BradHatton

Reaction score
Hi,

Any ideas what size and how many sheets of Lamin-X I will need to cover both headlights on my A3?

I presume two sheets of 18x8" would do the trick?

In two minds about buying either subtle or gun smoke.. So pictures of both appreciated, thanks!

Hi Brad,

If your doing it yourself buy 3 sheets, just incase one gets botched up? just a suggestion :)

I have the light smoked one, it does effect the strength of the beam at night but if your eyesite is good not to worry...

It might be frowned upon by your local traffic dept as well, just a heads up

Best Rgds

Hi,

Any ideas what size and how many sheets of Lamin-X I will need to cover both headlights on my A3?

I presume two sheets of 18x8" would do the trick?

In two minds about buying either subtle or gun smoke.. So pictures of both appreciated, thanks!
Lamin-x comes pre-cut for headlights and fog lights. Here's mine with "Tint" S3Front.

Does the tints affect the brightness of the DRL and headlights much?

Why are some people hell bent on making their headlight output worse??

I ‘get’ the whole styling issue, but surely practicality should come before style?

I agree but how much will it affect the light output?

I will assume that if you have xenon, the light will remain pretty much the same. If you have halogen like I do, the light will split up and become much more redused, at least thats what happend to mine :)

Is tint the darkest?
And where did you buy it pre-cut? I'm sure I couldn't find it specifically for my model

Bought from the lamin-x site in the US. "Tint" is the lightest at 6% and I haven't noticed any change in intensity with my xenons or drl's.

Bought from the lamin-x site in the US. "Tint" is the lightest at 6% and I haven't noticed any change in intensity with my xenons or drl's.

It looks good mate, looks a lot darker than 6%

How much did it set you back buying from the US site?

And as I said, had a look and they didn't have pre-cut film for my model 8P1 - 54
:(