JMB RetrofitsMonster Motorsport
    JS3
    1st Gear

Status

Revo Stage 1 - Decisions decisions...!

Hi guys - so being a bit of a noob on this but I think I have made the decision to go with Stg 1 Revo. Based on its wide user base, perceived quality/reliability and the fact its 20% off at the moment.

That aside, if I were looking at any other mods, induction kit or exhaust that could affect engine performance, is it best having these installed before or after the Stg 1? Im thinking about Revo programming here, or does the ECU become accustomed to these items when installed after a few 100 miles?

Also - can somebody tell me exactly what is required for the full potential of Stage 1? I have a 2010 S3 S-Tronic. I have searched with no luck!

Thanks.
    2010 S3, Sprint Blue, S-Tronic, RNSE, Cruise Control, Interior Light Pack, Upgraded LED Interior Bulbs, Heated Seats, Hill Hold, Boot Buddy, Fog Turn Lights, Revo Stage 1, De-Wipered

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    People will say get all the stuff first, which I agree. But I'm sure I've heard somewhere that the exu adapts itself to a induction kit and a exhaust. So really, can't be much difference which way you do it.

Im sure someone will be along to correct me if I'm wrong soon enough.

S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

Status
    If you get induction kit and exhaust...that's stage 2. + Autotech internals to that and that's stage 2+.

Stage 1 = just a map.

Get it all done at once, saves you the £50 each time you want to remap it to the next level.

If you stick an exhaust on then you'll more than likely get the EML on (not coded out on stage 1, but they can if asked)
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JS3 View Post
    Hi guys - so being a bit of a noob on this but I think I have made the decision to go with Stg 1 Revo. Based on its wide user base, perceived quality/reliability and the fact its 20% off at the moment.

That aside, if I were looking at any other mods, induction kit or exhaust that could affect engine performance, is it best having these installed before or after the Stg 1? Im thinking about Revo programming here, or does the ECU become accustomed to these items when installed after a few 100 miles?

Also - can somebody tell me exactly what is required for the full potential of Stage 1? I have a 2010 S3 S-Tronic. I have searched with no luck!

Thanks.
    If you have the cash to do it then I would do it all at once. You are lucky in that the S Tronic gearbox and clutch can handle the power. If you had manual you would need to add £12-1300 to the budget for a new clutch and flywheel.

I would get a Milltek turbo back system

Audi - S3 8P (06-) - Exhausts - GNJ Motorsport

A Neuspeed CAI which I think does the job well enough for stage 2+ without the massive price tag

Neuspeed P-Flo Air Intake Kit -2.0T Edition 30/S3/TTS/Cupra - GNJ Motorsport

And the LOBA fuel pump

LOBA Motorsport 2.0 TFSI High Pressure Fuel Pump Upgrade S3 8P (06-12) - GNJ Motorsport

There is also the option of adding in the RS4 fuel pressure regulator which is s pain to fit but doesn't cost much.

Add the map and fitting and you are looking at around 360bhp for just over £2500. Not bad when you think that is 100bhp over stock.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GNJ_Motorsport View Post
    If you have the cash to do it then I would do it all at once. You are lucky in that the S Tronic gearbox and clutch can handle the power. If you had manual you would need to add £12-1300 to the budget for a new clutch and flywheel.

I would get a Milltek turbo back system

Audi - S3 8P (06-) - Exhausts - GNJ Motorsport

A Neuspeed CAI which I think does the job well enough for stage 2+ without the massive price tag

Neuspeed P-Flo Air Intake Kit -2.0T Edition 30/S3/TTS/Cupra - GNJ Motorsport

And the LOBA fuel pump

LOBA Motorsport 2.0 TFSI High Pressure Fuel Pump Upgrade S3 8P (06-12) - GNJ Motorsport

There is also the option of adding in the RS4 fuel pressure regulator which is s pain to fit but doesn't cost much.

Add the map and fitting and you are looking at around 360bhp for just over £2500. Not bad when you think that is 100bhp over stock.
    you can get all this stuff second hand or just the pump internals and it will come up to 1200-1500 if you get good deals.
    Be patient. English is tough.

Now:

61 Audi S3 BE S-Tronic Ibis White: Build Thread.
    / Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / BCS Powervalve TBE system / LOBA HPFP / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /