Merry Christmas. Look what i found

wheels = silly
front end looks like a base spec a3

conclusion = no thanks

Cheers for the vid though :)

Reactions: MarkMS3
Yep I agree. Needs a black edition version. Might do it justice.

To be honest, i'm disappointed. It looks tame.

Seats and rear diffuser/exhaust setup is nice (although quad exhausts on a 2.0l might be a bit much!), rest seems a wee bit dull especially front end with no real splitter imho.

Not very keen on it what so ever may grow on me but doesn't exactly stand out as an S model just looks standard.

I think that a black edition with darker, new RS4 style, wheels would be a looker.

A few points for those picking up on bits though. The TTS has the quad exhausts on 'just' a 2.0 engine, I think that the 300PS is plenty to justify it personally. ;) And as for the understated styling, it's the exact same thing that they did on the 8P so I don't know why people are complaining since a large portion of folk on here bought them! Haha.

It's the exact recipe Audi always uses for it's 'S' cars. A fast version of the standard model with understated looks and some big shiny exhausts. I like it, but would wait for a black edition...

Not sure whether I'm keen on it. Looks a lot like an A1.

A few points for those picking up on bits though. The TTS has the quad exhausts on 'just' a 2.0 engine, I think that the 300PS is plenty to justify it personally. ;)

Just because it's on a TTS doesn't mean it's a good idea imho! Quad exhausts are "usually" an indicator of an exotic type engine eg, ferrari V8, bmw V8 or V10, RS4 V8, etc, etc. No matter how good an S3 engine is, it's still just a good 4 pot engine and so the quad pipes seem to be trying too hard imho :)

front end looks like a base spec a3

Is that not a good thing? Beating unsuspecting people from the lights in what looks like a base spec car is great fun. Just a shame about the quad exhausts, a bit OTT imo.

Leave the outlandish looks for the next RS3 :)

saw few of new shape a3's arround and still don't like those wing mirrors. it doesn't suit hatchback. if i was buying a new high performance hatchback i would seriously consider new a45 amg...

Reactions: ilim
saw few of new shape a3's arround and still don't like those wing mirrors. it doesn't suit hatchback. if i was buying a new high performance hatchback i would seriously consider new a45 amg...

I agree the A45 AMG looks stunning

Attachments

• Mercedes-Benz-A45--1.jpg
    Mercedes-Benz-A45--1.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 423
Looks a little slab sided from the front. Flatter than Keira Knightly's chest. Needs subtle flaring on the arches, like they did on the original 8L S3. I know fast Audi's are meant to be subtle, but come on Audi. At least try and distinguish them from the rest of the range.

I think the A1 was the start of the end of my love affair with Audi. The RSs are still great, but there's nothing else they're selling right now that catches my eye (mainly because if one thing caught my eye, everything would).

It sounds quite growly, which is a good thing, but just looks rubbish. The back is too tall and flat, the front it just A1 but 15% bigger. No thanks.

That A45 AMG is the exact opposite. Love it. The headlights are a bit disproportionately chunky, but not a deal breaker.

I quite like the look of the non-S cars in the 8V forum... seem more sleek than the S3. The horizontal grille slats seem to suit the face of the car better than the vertical S grille.

I like it but do not think that red is the best colour. I say lets wait to see it in other colours and also in BE and then make minds up however i do agree with your initial impression although I am someone who likes the understated looks. If you want a car to shout 300bhp or boy racer, there are plenty of Focus RS's out there for you... Just my opinion.

IMO its lost the aggressive look of the 8P S3, too tame now. Not a fan.

Photo from when they were testing it in Black ... still not keen, even with the different wheels!

I don't think that's the production car up top! there seems to be too much missing at the front! No fog lights, no xenons, no chin spoiler - to speak of. it just doesn't look sporty enough to call it an S3! even my standard s-line looks sportier. If that's what the finished S3 looks like, there are going to be a lot of people buying Golfs or Mercs. :(

those LED DRLs are xenon headlights
the grunt it makes when changing gear in the first vid is nice... apart from that i hate it! bring on the sportback version

For the price of a full specced one you could have an RS3, which in itself is a waste of cash as you could have an R8.

I think it will eventually grow on people.

Everything will grow, as the european market of cars always are a little further ahead in the styling to which some never always like.

Myself, i am half half.. it doesn't scream S3 at all to me, looks very very bland! And very unsure about the quad tips, it doesn't suit a hatch! (well for me anyhow)

I'm liking it! Very understated. Reminds me alot of the 8L actually. Never been much of a fan of the 8P s3s

I'm liking it! Very understated. Reminds me alot of the 8L actually. Never been much of a fan of the 8P s3s

I agree... Like I said before, the 'S' range is never hugely aggressive looking on the outside so why do people seem surprised at this one? The 8Ps were the same as an S-Line but with a different grill and this one is no different but we all know how many of those Audi sold! If you look at it, even the RS models aren't really that crazy looking. Yes, some big bumper intakes, but apart from that there aren't a huge amount of external cues saying how powerful they really are. That's some of the appeal for me to be honest!

I really like it but still look forward to seeing what they do with the new RS. ;)