Winter Wheels

Rubz

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Im wanting to get some winterwheels for my a3.

Problem is i dont know what the current wheel size is on my car at the moment. Its a 2011 BE with the rotors 18'' but no idea what width and ofset they are.

The winterwheels would be 18''.

So can anyone sed any light on what ofset and with i should get and what offset should not be used..?

cheers.

Your wheels will be: 18x7.5 ET54 PCD 5x112...... 18 (Diameter in inches ), x 7.5 (width in inches ), ET54 (offset) , PCD 5 x 112 ( wheel bolt stud gap and number ).

There are many different widths which will fit, but you would need to be careful with offsets etc......probably best to stick to the standard size for winters as there are plenty of different styles around in that size and offset .

Hope that helps.

i have a set of 5 genuine 8p3 alloys (in my avatar) in sepang bronze with excellent quality well branded tyres if your interested

I have set of VW Golf GTi monza 2 complete with Hankook Ice bear, perfect fit for your car, £600.

OK, my plan is to get a genuine set of bbs alloys, and a non genuine set for winter.

Ive seen these on ebay :

x4 18" BBS CH ALLOY WHEELS VW GOLF MK5 MK6 PASSAT AUDI A3 A4 A6 SEAT LEON 5x112 | eBay

it says they are 18 x 8j x ET45 PCD 5x112

Would these fit or would i any spaceres or anything..?

If im right, im sure someone will confirm, the CH never came as an 18x8 therefore these aint real. Also i would of thought going for a smaller rim with a bigger tyre would be a better choice for winter. So 16 or 17 with a 45-55 profile winter tyre. Again im sure someone will confirm for u. Winter tyres should be more functional than aesthetical. I'd be happy with some fat 5's, easy to find, oem wheel, cheaper than most options and if u do scuff or damage them whoch ur more likely to do in the winter then its not as big of a deal as it would be for a set of bbs or the like.

Edit: just saw u said u wanted a non original set for winter so ignore the first bit.

It may be worth looking on the tyre pressure sticker on the side of your drivers door, as this shows the recommended size for winter ( M + S = Mud and Snow ) tyre size and pressure and then get suitable 17 or 18 inch wheels.......I have an S3 and the winter tyres are the same size as the summer ones, just obviously designated M&S for the worse conditions and lower temperatures.

By the way, the grip they provide is astonishing, but you still have to be careful slowing down if it gets really bad ( and turn the ABS off in snow ).

I bought some second hand BBS CH's off an A4 for winter tyres. Pretty sure they are 18x8. cost me £300.

Not sure why people want to go for a smaller than you would with normal tyres on and make car look gash for 4-5 months of the year!

If im right, im sure someone will confirm, the CH never came as an 18x8 therefore these aint real. Also i would of thought going for a smaller rim with a bigger tyre would be a better choice for winter. So 16 or 17 with a 45-55 profile winter tyre. Again im sure someone will confirm for u. Winter tyres should be more functional than aesthetical. I'd be happy with some fat 5's, easy to find, oem wheel, cheaper than most options and if u do scuff or damage them whoch ur more likely to do in the winter then its not as big of a deal as it would be for a set of bbs or the like.

Edit: just saw u said u wanted a non original set for winter so ignore the first bit.

just to clarify they were off an S4 - they were an OEM BBS CH option at 18X8. they don't have the stupid motorsport engraving on that a generic BBS CH has.

I bought some second hand BBS CH's off an A4 for winter tyres. Pretty sure they are 18x8. cost me £300.

Not sure why people want to go for a smaller than you would with normal tyres on and make car look gash for 4-5 months of the year!

Which ones..??

Silver : KGrHqIOKnUE2ZF2KBLpBN0N8erMkQ 12

Or black :T2eC16dHJIE9qSO9wvtBQfWuvNppw60 12..????#

Can anyone do a photoshop..??

IMG 0796

Less chance of sliding into a kerb too, plus smaller tyres are cheaper (and you can then sell on the smaller wheels when you're done with them).