Forge blow off adaptor - advice

Roulston86

Reaction score
Looking at buying a forge blow off adaptor for my 57 plate S3. Tried to find out much about it but all seems to be mixed reviews. Trying to get a louder woooosh sound and heard the adaptor was best way to go, but have heard there are power losses? This true? Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated

I know it's not the valve you want, but I've got the upgraded OEM Rev D diverted valve fitted recently, a lot cheaper than forge, little bit louder and I prefer the noise it makes.

oh ok, well ive not had the car that long and really dont know which is best way to go with it. wheres the best place to get a Rev D diverted valve??

oh ok, well ive not had the car that long and really dont know which is best way to go with it. wheres the best place to get a Rev D diverted valve??

Honestly dont waste your money on the "forge spacer".

Get an induction kit, Evoms, ITG etc and that'll make a deeper noise + lots of 'wooooshh', not like that silly forge piece of manure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at buying a forge blow off adaptor for my 57 plate S3. Tried to find out much about it but all seems to be mixed reviews. Trying to get a louder woooosh sound and heard the adaptor was best way to go, but have heard there are power losses? This true? Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated
As above...don't waste your time with things like this.
Use the money to go towards something that INCREASES performance.

I by coincidence heard a a3 with a dump valve, was very cool. Not too loud and not as much in your face.

I prefer the subtle approach IMHO.

I by coincidence heard a a3 with a dump valve, was very cool. Not too loud and not as much in your face.I prefer the subtle approach IMHO.
The S3 uses a closed system to recirculate air which has already been past the MAF on throttle closure,otherwise the ECU may make incorrect measurements for fuelling based on the apparent air mass measured.

The S3 uses a closed system to recirculate air which has already been past the MAF on throttle closure,otherwise the ECU may make incorrect measurements for fuelling based on the apparent air mass measured.

^^^
Yes I agree, skylines (I've owned 2 of them) have issues with none re-circ bov's.

Has to be a top quality jobbie or causes stalling issues.

My r34 gtt had a re-circ but you could still hear a subtle dump.

I suppose if mapped it should be fine.

Honestly dont waste your money on the "forge spacer".

Get an induction kit, Evoms, ITG etc and that'll make a deeper noise + lots of 'wooooshh', not like that silly forge piece of manure.

Do you get the woosh with the standard DV and an induction kit?

Do you get the woosh with the standard DV and an induction kit?

Most of us on here will have the latest revision DV I should think. Few people will have the shiny forge one purely for that fact that Audi's latest revision is arguably as good for a much cheaper price.

If you get an induction kit then you will definitely know its there, ITG (open), Evoms, P-Flo. All very 'woooshy'.

Reactions: Tay
The older DV's are just more prone to perishing, as there is a small diaphragm that are more prone to splitting.

I think you should, check your current one to see what revision you have, if its not the latest, purchase one.

Then buy yourself an intake and you'll be happy.

Then exhaust....

then autotech internals....

then map it......

Is there any way to tell other then looking? I have a facelift 59 plate. Bit of a noob :)

P.S sorry for jacking the thread.

Nice plug Graeme! :D

I'll have another order for you in the new year, need stage 2+ bits

As above...don't waste your time with things like this.
Use the money to go towards something that INCREASES performance.
How much is a blow off valve (Forge) important for engine health/endurance? Does it have any influance? Do you have it in your 500 bhp S3?

How much is a blow off valve (Forge) important for engine health/endurance? Does it have any influance? Do you have it in your 500 bhp S3?

The system on the S3 is a recirculating one,in which air that's already been past the MAF is not dumped when the throttle is closed.

In other words it's not a blow-off valve as such,but a diverter valve,and the Forge or Audi Rev D valve are much better than the original,and will last longer,and hold boost better.

I have the Forge in mine,and it's been there from Stg2 till now,over 3 years of upgrades,and still working well.

Reactions: s3facelift09
I'm not interrested in performance gaining at the moment, I'd install a Forge blow off adaptor because of the woooosh sound and because of the turbo health, and it's cheap. Will this blow off adaptor harm the engine or the turbo in any way, and will I loose OEM performance? Is the Forge Diverter Valve Kit better in a way that's less harmfull for the engine or maybe Forge Blow off valve kit (not adaptor)?