Average build to delivery times

mbeedles

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Orderd an A3 TDI Sport Quattro via Drive the Deal for Oct 1st delivery. They promised this but by the time the dealer orderd it on the AUDI system the Build week was week 34 (Last week)

Is anyone else expecting an A3 for delivery over the next few days?
What was your order week /build week/ delivery week?
Are there any current delays in the factory?

Cheers!!

Welcome to the forum beedles!

I'm afraid I can't comment on current wait times but I would have thought that 2 months from build to delivery should be fine. Mine took just 2 months from order to delivery but that was end of December to end February this year.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi everyone,

Orderd an A3 TDI Sport Quattro via Drive the Deal for Oct 1st delivery. They promised this but by the time the dealer orderd it on the AUDI system the Build week was week 34 (Last week)

Is anyone else expecting an A3 for delivery over the next few days?
What was your order week /build week/ delivery week?
Are there any current delays in the factory?

Cheers!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry - made a mistake. It should read sept 1st delivery not Oct 1st !!!!

I have a TDI Sport Quattro S-line due in a couple weeks.

Originally I was told build week 34(week beginning 22nd August) but it was at the final build stage on the 19th, earlier than expected. I got confirmation of completion on the 24th August, was told it would be in the UK within 10 days.

Car was ordered first week in July through a dealer. I was tempted to use DTD.

Well...[sharp intake of breath] that does change it then...will be a few weeks before delivery I would have thought.

I've also spotted that I said 2 months when I of course meant 1. Doh. Which month/year/decade/century/planet are we on.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif .....?

I'm having the car delivered as the dealer is around 100 miles from me, but i am tempted to pick it up.

I've got very Itchy feet!!!

The car was originally ordered in March, but the new grill came out a few weeks after the order. I had to wait for the car to arrive to confirm if it had the new grill because it was due to be built the week of the change over. It hadn't so the waiting started again!!! (I think the dealer was trying on and assumed i would take the car)

You ordered a new car because it didn't have the new grille? couldn't the dealer have found out from Audi?

It is a loooooong story!!

I orderd the car before i went on a holiday down under so i didnt have time to chase it up.

The car was ordered via Drive the Deal and I belieive my contact was not as clued up as a sales rep. As their margin was low, and the car had been ordered i beleive i was less of a priority. I had the usual issues such as the system is down, email was'nt working, people on holiday etc... etc...

Was'nt drive the deals fault - i would recommend them!

You might get it sooner if you collect as I imagine their delivery truck is probably going to be busy in September. It is great seeing it come off the back of the transporter and straight on to the drive tho... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just to let you know that my order has now been pushed back from mid-Nov to early Jan'06. Gutted! Have you got yours yet?
H

Mine's in the country. I think it's done the PDI, just waiting for the body kit to be delivered and fitted.

It took just a little over 2 months from time of ordering to it arriving in the UK.