So I now have 2 a3's...

nothingness

Reaction score
Not only do I still have my 03 a3 2.0 tdi sport i just purchased a 2.0t fsi sportback, 2007 with only 38k :) It sounds very throaty as you can imagine! Some things I want to do to it, revo stage 1, leather centre arm rest, etc. Also has bose and 6 cd changer in the dashboard along with a tape player (wtf?)

Will get some pics soon!

Its a 6 cd changer with built in tape player. Big 2 din unit. Says "Symphony" vs the "Concert" in my old tdi. No idea which is best.

The car died the night before last. We had flash floods in cornwall I was driving home at 3am and went through a puddle, which happened to be a burst river. 3 feet deep. DSG gearbox failed first, left me with just first gear and then that failed. Engine hydrolocked about 10 seconds later. 5 mins later water started seeping in, I got out when the lower dash electrics started sparking and smoke was coming from behind the dashboard. Smelt like burning circuit boards.

Water ended up just higher than the rear number plate(!!) so I presume the car will be a write off.

Im done with the car scene or having the joy of a nice car, I am sick of having to watch where I park so some jealous scrote doesnt key it or kick it in Asda. Im sick of paying £30 a night in fuel just to enjoy it properly.

Going to buy a low mile basic model Golf 1.6TDI and find a new hobby.

RIP

598381_10151279867458864_2120394151_n.jpg

61067_10151289737943864_622033309_n.jpg

Flood:
63786_10151289851323864_1302506597_n.jpg

Oh thats bad news fella ! The weather down your way sucks as well at the moment. Nice car as well Same as mine but mine dont have the boot spoiler :faint:

Oh dude I feel 4 you, quite a horror story unlucky. Done the with the car scene... wow that bad? I nearly did the same when mine was giving me turbo problems

That's just bad luck that'll happen to everyone once in a while. sorry it had to be you this time.

as for finding a new hobby - you probably just need time away from cars, they can get tiresome & expensive when things don't go as planned. pretty sure you'll get your mojo back in a year or two.

Really sorry to hear that...you've had it very bad down there,and I hope you sort this out soon.

Gutted for you mate :-( same car as mine.. Is there no way of repairing it?

Really sorry you here that :( I live in bristol and we are getting simliar floods up here and seeing cars suck in the middle of the floods. Not good.

I wouldnt want to repair it if I could, it will never be the same again and will always stink of stagnant tidal water.