where to put egr blanks

southylad

Reaction score
hi here is a pic of what i think is the egr on my a3 2.0 tdi where do i put the egr blanking plates? if anyone can clarify as i dont want to feck anything up any help would be great cheers, southylad

Attachments

• 20121209_114532.jpg
    20121209_114532.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 172
It goes between the silver pipe coming in on the right of the egr and the egr body! I didnt bother blanking at the exhaust end. Undo allen bolts pull pipe back gently and slide blanking plate in bolts back in and tighten up! The egr is the biit with the flying saucer thing on...the inlet u need to blank is on the other side of it!

What do you mean the inlet I need to blank is at the other side do you mean the other identical blank plate goes on the opposite end of the same pipe that I blanked ?

The pipe coming in from the right you blank at the egr end and some people blank at the other end also but i didnt bother

Ah right so you blank both ends of the same pipe then is the other end of the pipe at the manifold then ?

Bit of a hijack just don't see point in new thread, is it possible just to take the whole egr out? Or is it too much hassle?

You can buy the egr delete kit bout £40 mate but as they say it does same job with £3 plate

I'm still waiting for mine I will install it when it lands and get software deleted when car is mapped at Xmas at awesome gti

How much they quoted to map? I've heard they just map the eml light out and don't actually delete the egr software, my cars booked in with them for DSG oil change

They quoted £30 to map out egr and £150 to map the car when are you going to get the box done you could ask

29th mate, think ill be getting it done with a guy off here called rick
how much does he charge for egr software removal and remap I did ask him in a post but got no reply

i might take the egr and manifold off and clean it out before blanking egr is this easy job and do you think i will need new gasgets?

29th mate, think ill be getting it done with a guy off here called rick

Just had my egr blanked by Rick. excellent service and a very nice guy! You won't be dissapointed.