Hesitation at 5k / Spark Plugs?

Tay

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I've got a slight hesitation around 5k intermittently on my Stage 1 S3, got a slight feeling it could be either spark plugs or coil packs. Anyone had a similar problem?
If it is the spark plugs, what do you use with your mapped cars?

Could be plugs/coils or fuel pump/cam follower issues.

For a Stage 1 S3 you're better off running a plug that is one stage colder than stock. Most favour the NGK BK7EIX. These solved my Stage 1 A3's hesitation issues and I've run them in my S3 since day 1. :)

I've got a slight hesitation around 5k intermittently on my Stage 1 S3, got a slight feeling it could be either spark plugs or coil packs. Anyone had a similar problem?If it is the spark plugs, what do you use with your mapped cars?
Hesitation like this is usually plugs.....I use the OEM plugs on mine,changed every 7-10 000 miles,and they're fine on the road or track.

Hesitation like this is usually plugs.....I use the OEM plugs on mine,changed every 7-10 000 miles,and they're fine on the road or track.

No issues with the standard plugs? Gonna speak to Awesome see what they advise, but I'd prefer OEM plugs as I've heard of a few people have problems with aftermarket plugs.