EM TuningAH Fabrications
    Interior Next!!

Status

Where ive been & my plans....

Hi Guys,

for those who remember me you would know I was very very active here for a couple of years. Unfortunately with every car there comes a time where the love just dwindles, well for me anyway usually around the 3-4 year mark. Anyway, due to this I ended up spending a fortune on holidays this summer leaving no time or available funds for car fun which is lucky in a way because I’m seriously considering moving on.

Before i go any further I just need to point out to mods this is not a for sale thread. It’s merely a heads up for people & also a way to gain some advice in my selling process.

I have a Stage 2+ S3. Early 2009(58) with 45k.
    in addition to the usual stage 2+ bits I have fitted
    • sachs clutch kit
    • AP Racing BBK
    • H&R ARBS
    • H&R springs
    • Recaro Buckets
    • BBS CH 18X8"
    Now one of my main questions is, do I sell the car as is? Or do I break the bits off and get it as standard as possible? I want to achieve the most money I can from this to set me up for my next car. I have until 10th March to either pay my balloon payment or back the car (which I don’t want to do as I will lose a sufficient amount being a PCP agreement)

Obviously for me to be able to break the parts for people I would need the original parts in return. This is the Seats & brakes (highlighted red) I could also sell the Full Milltek TBE if I had an original in return.

As I mentioned I am undecided what to do. So maybe if you have an interest in taking the car as it is, or taking some parts from it PM me and we can talk in more detail.

I WOULD ADD SOME PICTURES BUT THINGS HAVE CHANGED ROUND HERE AND ALL MY IMAGES ARE TOO BIG!!
    Last edited by S3RYE; 11th December 2012 at 15:57.
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    PM sent regarding BBK

2nd Gear

Status
    PM sent regarding TBE

Gievf Buckets

Status
    did you ever get the buckets trimmed?

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

6th Gear

Status
    What are you thinking of for next car then bud?
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

6th Gear

Status
    The best and way has to be put the car back to standard, you will get far more money in total unless you are lucky enough to find someone who will appreciate all of your tasteful mods.

Your biggest issue is that with such a well sorted car what can you have next, big shoes to fill there
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

1st Gear

Status
    I would be very interested I the buckets mate. Pm me

Status
    Hi ryan ,strip the s3 ,get as much money back as possible for your next car

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi John, I see you got your new RS3.

Im enjoying every second of those buckets!

Status
    Hi alex hows things ,cant beat oem bucket seats

6th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow MartayMcFly On Twitter Visit MartayMcFly's Youtube Channel Visit MartayMcFly's Instagram Channel
    Chances are you'll get more from selling the mods separately, but then there's the hassle of getting them all off, sourcing original parts, and in the end you're left dealing with 5 or 6 buyers rather than just one. So, basically, are you prepared to face extra hassle for extra money, or would you rather just get it sold?

The other thing to consider is that even though people will be happy enough buying second hand parts, people tend to be wary of modified cars. If you advertise on forums and enthusiast sites you'll have more luck than a modified car on autotrader etc.

Good luck with the sale, and get pics up of the new car when you get it/can upload them.
    Hunt is over

1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PH1L View Post
    did you ever get the buckets trimmed?
    No as i said, the love went & gettin pissed in Cannes every night for two weeks ttok priority. I then came home & still had no love so went to Miami & bahamas for another two weeks, hence nothing happening to the car.

Quote Originally Posted by S3 Rav View Post
    What are you thinking of for next car then bud?
    read my response to Spin140

Quote Originally Posted by Spin140 View Post
    The best and way has to be put the car back to standard, you will get far more money in total unless you are lucky enough to find someone who will appreciate all of your tasteful mods.

Your biggest issue is that with such a well sorted car what can you have next, big shoes to fill there
    yeah ive decided thats what im going to do, this thread alone generated a lot of interest in the parts. Once i get them on the sale threads it should all happen relatively quick. In terms of whats next, hmmmm. Basically i will most likely end up Contract hiring a Smart or somehting through my business for a year or so. I am going to buy a property at some point this year so trying to consolidate everything and properly tighten up the ship. Its so hard because i could go and get the car i want now but im going to be sensible for the first time in my life (25 now) and do things in the right order. If all goes to plan end of 2013 beginning of 2014 ill be ready to buy my next proper car which will almost 100% be a 2012 Cayman S. Im in love with the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by s3kel View Post
    Hi ryan ,strip the s3 ,get as much money back as possible for your next car
    Forget giving me advice, you have an RS3! I love it i dissappear for a few months and two of you have got RS3's! BossCarLAD!

Quote Originally Posted by MartayMcFly View Post
    Chances are you'll get more from selling the mods separately, but then there's the hassle of getting them all off, sourcing original parts, and in the end you're left dealing with 5 or 6 buyers rather than just one. So, basically, are you prepared to face extra hassle for extra money, or would you rather just get it sold?

The other thing to consider is that even though people will be happy enough buying second hand parts, people tend to be wary of modified cars. If you advertise on forums and enthusiast sites you'll have more luck than a modified car on autotrader etc.

Good luck with the sale, and get pics up of the new car when you get it/can upload them.
    as already mentioned, not much happening on the car front initially but when it does ill be back. Im going to be about here more often anyway! not sure why i went on the miss in the first place!
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon