Badger5Volks Autos
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By a3slinequattro

Thread: Audi Used Car Finance

Neutral

Status

Audi Used Car Finance

My A3 170 company car goes back in Jan. I have decided to take the money and buy my own so am going to be hunting for an S Line diesel, ideally a 170 again. Just wondered if anyone knew how much room for negotiatation there was on the interest rate for Audi Finance. 11.6% seems to be there standard on a PCP deal.
    2012 A3 (8P) Sportback TDI 170 Quattro
    2009 VW Tiguan Sport 4MOTION

2008 A4 (B8) 1.8T FSi 160 S Line - Gone
    2010 Volvo V50 D3 - Gone
    2009 A3 (8P) Sportback 2.0 TDi 170 - Gone

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    i'm sure they give 2 years free servicing when taking out audi finance.
    Audi A3 2.0 TDi Sportback ¦ Phantom Pearl Black ¦ 16" alloys ¦ 58 Plate ¦ Acoustic Rear Parking System ¦ Criuse Control ¦ Interior Light Package ¦ Light & Rain Sensor ¦ Door Mirrors Auto Dimming and Folding

Meow.

Status
    When looking at the used PCP for me it was working out more each month than buying a brand new one!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Also looking at a used S3 with Audi

Spoke with the chap over the phone and he seems to think you can only offer up 50% of cars value as an upfront payment

Surely that is wrong as I have most of the money needed to buy it outright and he's just trying to make the interest off me (I didn't tell him how much I had to put upfront)

Neutral

Status
    I am interested in the interest rate primarily, won't be putting much deposit down so that issue wouldn't affect me really. Was wondering what the best APR % was that people had managed to negotiate.
    2012 A3 (8P) Sportback TDI 170 Quattro
    2009 VW Tiguan Sport 4MOTION

2008 A4 (B8) 1.8T FSi 160 S Line - Gone
    2010 Volvo V50 D3 - Gone
    2009 A3 (8P) Sportback 2.0 TDi 170 - Gone

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Makka View Post
    Also looking at a used S3 with Audi

Spoke with the chap over the phone and he seems to think you can only offer up 50% of cars value as an upfront payment

Surely that is wrong as I have most of the money needed to buy it outright and he's just trying to make the interest off me (I didn't tell him how much I had to put upfront)
    thats a lie, I recently bought my A3 from Audi Leicester and paid a £1000 deposit and paid the rest in full when collecting the car
    Audi A3 2.0 TDi Sportback ¦ Phantom Pearl Black ¦ 16" alloys ¦ 58 Plate ¦ Acoustic Rear Parking System ¦ Criuse Control ¦ Interior Light Package ¦ Light & Rain Sensor ¦ Door Mirrors Auto Dimming and Folding

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by icekay View Post
    thats a lie, I recently bought my A3 from Audi Leicester and paid a £1000 deposit and paid the rest in full when collecting the car
    Thought he was giving the ol' spiel when on the phone with him, this was with Watford Audi

Does anyone know what their general interest rates are for buying direct from dealer

AndyA3170
    Look at a loan from Tesco, I borrowed £12000 over 5 years and only pay back £12900 in total

sline quattro

Status
    when i bought my a3 i borrowed £12000 on audi finance, signed for at 6pm, next morning rang audi finance at 9am and paid it off as was within 24hours no added charges just paid the £12000 ( think the charge was £4 a day interest for the first 14 days as leagally have to give a cooling off period so you can cancel) but as i bought the vehicle with finance originally, still got 2 years free servicing. have received servicing documentation from audi. that's saved me £270 pounds
    RedDejavu and _G_ like this.

_G_
    4th Gear

Status
    the APR is usually lower on Hire Purchase so consider that too... they will try to sell you a "solutions" package and talk about lots on nonsense like Guaranteed future value... I would try to negotiate on the car itself... when I had a new one on pcp... uprated alloys were killing the payments... so I skipped those.. and got things such as RNSE free... which knocked a hell of a lot off the car... so bargain on as many things as you can like valet mats etc. as well.

Neutral

Status

Audi Used Car Finance

Quote Originally Posted by AndyA3170 View Post
    Look at a loan from Tesco, I borrowed £12000 over 5 years and only pay back £12900 in total
    That means your interest rate is 2% apr... ?

Neutral

Status
    Just brought an s3 on Audi finance although audi got me BMW finance at 6.9 it was 2% cheaper than their own