Bose

bezA3

Reaction score
HI all quite rarely on here, but now have some time to put into my car (Finally), anyway if i was to change my head unit from the audi standard one will my bose still be good with an aftermarket one.

Welcome back. THe boys will be along shortly to help you with some advice. Enjoy. Since you not been on for a while, we have new events section for local meets in all areas if you want to meet up with some of the other members. :) x

Smaller (Local) Events

I am also interested in this (I am thinking of fitting a Sony HU with integrated Tom Tom) but want to retain the Audi functionality i.e. steering remote, Bose and the Ipod dock, is all this possible?

I fitted an aftermarket SatNav unit a few months ago! I was looking at the Sony w\ Tomtom, but from what I understand Tomtom screwed up the integration and it didn't work, so Sony scrapped the model! Are you sure it's been tested & is working?

The AMI interface won't work, so your iPod will have to be connected to the new HU, make sure any unit you buy is compatible with it & you can obtain a lead. Bose will work fine, connect it to Amp outputs on your chosen HU. and your steering remote will require an adaptor ... Connects2 or Autoleads should have something compatible - google.