Audi A3 8P Key fobs no longer unlocking car

poxxxy

Reaction score
Hi all,

My dads A3 8P (2004) 1.6 8v has developed a weird problem, both of his keys no longer operate the unlock system of the CCM. A read on VCDS doesn't show any obvious faults with the car and the lock function still works on both keys. The alarm sounds when the door is opened via the key as the immobiliser is active and only stops when the key is entered in the ignition barrel and the car starts.

Anyone have any idea?

Check fuses mate,not sure if same but on mk4 golfs a mini 10 amp blade fuse used to blow causing this on the dash side fuse box

Haven't checked them yet, but when my golf did this the other day I already had this issue... however thats complete CCM death with no functioning at all... I haven't came across anyone with this same problem yet :(. Will check the fuses eitherway though. Is there a fuse list anywhere? :)

had this a few years and the battery was on its way out and near dead... worth checking that too incase its not holding charge.

had this a few days ago, it turns out that when I was familiarising myself with VCDS, I selected Transport Mode to see what it did - it disabled the Remote Central Locking, as well as a few other bits ...worth a check.

Hmmm artimus, I have a feeling that it could be as you said perhaps... its something i'll definately check tomorrow! Car is still with the problem :).

I had this recently happen - dealer had to order a new fob and reprogram the car and fobs again. Problem appears to be fixed.

Definately not transportation mode, :(. I note that in the measuring blocks... the ccm module recognises a binary 1 when the lock key is pressed on both fobs, but it does not recognise when the unlock key is pressed and the status indicator in vcds measuring blocks remain as 0. Appreciate any help!

If you use the unlock button on the boot, it disarms the alarm but the doors still remain locked unless turned with the barrel.