Whats the duct for next to the fog light on the passanger side on an S3?

REALLY!!!!??? never heard of a gearbox having a cooling duct before!

I hit a patch of black ice the other day and hit a grass verge and cracked the bumper, inner arch lining, duct and fog light grill. ****** winter!!!!

I've probably got the grille bits if you want, if yours is a later model of S3? Pm me if interested

I wondered about this, I ordered a pair of fog surrounds from KPX.de and they were
both two part units. couldn't figure out how to fit them together or what the extra bits
were for??
Any pics/diagrams to guide me out there?

It's an eBay seller in Germany. They only do the latest facelift parts, the same as mine.

I remember a chap on here a while ago who was after the the pre facelift s3 grilles and he struggled to find them. Best bet is to ask Dave in the Stoke Audi section on here for a price.

Yeah I thought as much! Its the same with the front bumper!!! they are like rocking horse ****!

Any updates on my question re fog surrounds?
Do I just clip the 2 parts together and snap the assembly into place?
I'm doing this on Sunday when my car comes back from the bodyshop
after the front bumper respray. I'm lamin-x ing my fogs on Sunday and have
asked the body shop to leave the new surrounds off so I can do it when the car
comes back.

I only had the bit on the back on one of my fog surrounds (forget which one now). I took it off and left it off when replacing the bulbs a few weeks ago.

So I only need to fit one of them then? On the passenger side for gearbox cooling?
Here's my question then, since I've been supplied with two of them(From a German supplier).
Is the gearbox on the other side of LHD cars? That seems unlikely to me.
Or is the second one for use on cars with a SMIC as opposed
to the FMIC on the S3? I just don't want to leave them off it it will cause cooling issues.

Hi mate,

As I'm aware on the S3 there is only one and that's on the passenger side! As you have two are they exactly the same? or are they left and right specific?

They are left and right specific, they look like they clip into the rear of
the fog surrounds, I can see some sort of vent in the passenger side
aperture as well which is fitted to the car rather than the grille itself.
I'm attempting the job tomorrow if the rain ever stops.
Just got the car back from the bodyshop today after
a bumper respray and new centre grille being fitted. I'm tinting my fogs yellow then
fitting the fog grilles. I asked the bodyshop to leave the fog grilles off the car
so I could lamin-x the fogs before popping them in.