cost and parts

M

monopole

hi

my car has the automatic dipping rear view and wing mirrors. what would it take to get them auto folding ?

first of all you will obviously need the power fold door mirrors and by auto fold i think you mean by the key when lock and unlock, if so you will need a custom wiring system added to your car to achieve this, this involes the 361 relay and wiring ran to each door, this takes few hours but can be done.

HazzyDayz wanted a fair bit of money to install folding mirrors, having made the decision I went ahead and ordered. Subsequently, emailed me back to say I have to remember when I get in and out to use the button to fold the mirrors. Well, if I remembered when I shut my door to manually fold the mirrors then why would I need a button to do it. They said not an option on the A3 to "auto" fold. Order cancelled. Idea now pushed to the bottom of the tweaking pile of things I would like done.

This can be done, once you have a pair of folding door mirrors. It's a custom install that needs to be done but its not that hard to be honest, just need a the 361 relay as said, then 10A supply to it from fuse box, then a positive and negative signal to each door mirror from the relay and then a signal from the locking signal in the drivers door to the relay telling it when to pull in and then it will open and close the mirrors when the car is locked/unlocked from key fob.