Egr

southylad

Reaction score
Do I go for egr delete kit or just a £3 blank plate on my 140 tdi ?

Blanked mine on my 140, ran a lot smoother at idel, defo worth the £3 but you will get the eml which you will have to get mapped out or just put up with as i did! When i came to sell i took it off and EML went out! Still need to do this to my 170!

Mine run like a bag of crap when I blocked mine off... Erratic idle and wasn't smoove to drive...

Just removed it and put the EGR back as normal & would like it to be mapped out at some point

Mine was quite the opposite! I dont see how it would run worse when there is no exhaust fumes being reciculated

Because the engine management is not receiving the same data as is was requesting...

Can't remember the actual numbers but using VCDS the EGR at a determined RPM was requesting say, 600mbar or whatever it was and the actual reading, because it was blocked was zero it caused the error...

I can look up the actual readings and what it was measuring (pressure or contaminates I.e. fumes) over the weekend if anyone wants to know but currently away from both car and VCDS...

Dex where did you blank yours just one side and did you put a gasket on the blank? I talked to awsome and they said they will map out the light for £30 on top of the £150 remap

Gents, don't waste your money on a fancy kit for EGR delete. Physically, all you need is a plate to block the circuit. When we get them in, we remove the whole cooler assembly etc to improve reliability - less chance of leaks etc.

The important thing is to get it mapped out. And that means properly - not just disabling the warning light! The ECU will then fuel accordingly as it knows there is no EGR flow.

Rick

As Rick says i just used a blanking plate on the side of the EGR, i belive you can also blank at the other end of the pipe.

I talked to awesome gti about mapping the egr light out and asked them if the £30 they charge is to map out the egr aswel as the light and they gave the impression that all that needs doing is the light and that it makes no difference to fuelling or anything else ?

The EGR control maps should be changed. If not, ECU will be expecting airflow that won't happen and so will therefore be in a state of constant correction. You can just disable diagnosis and it will work, but it's not ideal.

Rick

The EGR control maps should be changed. If not, ECU will be expecting airflow that won't happen and so will therefore be in a state of constant correction. You can just disable diagnosis and it will work, but it's not ideal.

Rick

what do you cbarge for remap and egr software removal rick

Right ordered the blank plates of eBay so I have little knowlege of doing this kind of thing so is there a picture of exactly where I put the plate on my bkd 2.0 tdi