Badger5Chris Nott
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By PH1L
  • 1 Post By poli84

Thread: Temporary glitch in the matrix? No, just some Beemer content!

Sprint Blue is the new Ibis!

Status

Temporary glitch in the matrix? No, just some Beemer content!

Well team Audi-sport.net, it's true, I've only gone and done it. After so many changed ideas, test drives, deliberating and changing of minds, head ruled over heart.

On Saturday after a 16 hour round trip and 13 hours of driving, my much loved S3 finally went and this is the beast that replaces it.

Now, before you all get het up and start banging on about how I've sold out, my family circumstances have influenced the decision. The wife and I now work at the same company too, so 1 car during the week works fine, but the main driver was the need for more space. This certainly fits the bill.

We're away a lot more now our daughter is older, weekends are spent away with friends so we're always carting both ours and our daughter's gear around and anyone with kids will know how much clobber is taken away with you.

In addition, I'm out with the mountain bike more and it fits just perfectly in the back.

it's the 3.0D version with plenty of toys to keep me interested. It offers ridiculous levels of comfort, build quality is superb and it's certainly no slouch. I am happy to report that I am seriously enjoying it. My ageing carcus and creeking bones have never been happier.

I'm not signing off from this forum as I've learnt too much and spent far more from the advice, ideas and help offered by members on here.

Special shout outs to N8 for all my pestering and wheel fitment questions, local boys japper69 (now in Houston), A3Simon, VeeDubDan and Ph1l for all the meets and banter. Also Warren, Jamiekip, Fran, Polis, IanS3, Paullie and others too many to mention for all your kind comments as the Sprint S3 was changing and running.

We're looking at A1's for a second car, so I'll likely tinker with that as opposed to the X5, although it's heading for a cheeky wee map to improve the mpg above the current 35 and to boost the grunt a bit more. You don't mess with these things, they're too good (and costly) to muck about with.

That said, I did happen to stumble on this bad boy...

I'll fire up a for sale ad for the 19" BBS CH Blacks once I've had a chance to clean them.

Cheers folks and keep up the good work! And I'm keeping my sig!
    Last edited by RicoS3; 4th December 2012 at 21:56.
    2010 Sprint Blue S3 Black Edition - Buckets & BBS CH Black's
    2008 Ibis White S3
    2006 Brilliant Black 2.0T S-Line Special Edition

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Nice change personally think black alloys would look lovely on this !
    If Carlsburg made cars.... It would be an Audi !

Gievf Buckets

Status
    most important thing is your happy bud, a1 looks nice on the outside only problem i had with it was it doesnt seem roomy on the inside, that being said its a brilliant platform for modding, onwards and upwards brother
    RicoS3 likes this.

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

2nd Gear

Status
    Congratulations on the new purchase, a seemingly wise and needed change over.

Love all that you did with the S3, look forward to the tasteful changes you may make to the X5 and possibly A1 (such a great little second car).
    RicoS3 likes this.
    MY10 S3 Sportback - 6Sp Manual - Sprint Blue
    REVO Stage 2+ /
    Forge Twintake / 3" Miltek Hybrid DP/​ Autotech HPFP
    Bilstein PSS10
    / H&R 10/12mm Spacers / BFI Dog Bone /EBC Yellowstuff

BUILD THREAD

2nd Gear

Status
    Nice looking X5 but what made you go for this over say a Q7?
    Now: 2009 S3 8P3 DSG. Mods: Revo Stage 2+, TBE, Autotech HPFP, Revo CAI, Cruise control, LED interior lights upgrade, Rear DRLs...
    Previously: 2001 AMK S3, Silver, Revo Remap, Milltek DV, KW Springs & Shocks, H&R ARB.