AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

Angry I'm a victim of a hit and run

Last night we heard a bang and clatter outside our house and jumped to look out the window to see a grey van with roof ladders driving past. I shot out the house to find this:

Big black scuffs on the rear quarter and the rear wheel is pointing inwards. Not driveable! I'm totally gutted and my wife was in tears. We've only had the car from new for two months.

We didn't the get reg number of the scrote, but my son and I took a walk up the road to see if we can see anything. About half way up the road we saw a grey van with roof ladders coming towards us, i.e. in the opposite direction. My son jumps out in front of it and asks the driver if he's coming back to own up. The driver denies all knowledge so we check his van and predictably its covered in scratches so we can't tell if any of them are off my car. So, we walk on. Meanwhile my wife is outside our house with the car phoning the police when the van comes past, turns around then parks five doors up. My wife, not knowing we've already spoken to him, goes up to the driver and accuses him of hitting the car which he denies. However, he then walks back to our car and inspects the damage before again denying it. This is suspicious enough for my wife to mention it to the police. However, they refuse to come out to deal with it.

This is the third time we've been a victim of crime and the third time the police have not been bothered to come out to deal with it. This is just rubbing salt in the wounds. Totally pi$$ed off!!
    Last edited by voorhees; 5th December 2012 at 15:50.
    2012 A3 Cabriolet Sport 2.0TDI 140 - Ibis White - Red Hood - Aluminium Inlays
    Red Fine Nappa Leather | DIS | RNS-E | AMI | Bluetooth | Rear Parking Sensors | Cruise Control | Light & Rain Sensor Pack | Storage Pack | Extended Lighting Pack | BOSE | Heated Seats | Folding Mirrors |

2. # ADS
    ADS

JS3
    1st Gear

Status
    Gutted for you mate. Looks like the van driver was trying to park up near your car? Then had to continue up and turn round to park further down.

Unfortunately sh1t happens and is one of those things that cannot be proven definitively. Terrible about the police response too - personally we have had similar instances where we have called them and had no response. It has now happened, can only sort it out and move on now.

Can you park off the road?
    2010 S3, Sprint Blue, S-Tronic, RNSE, Cruise Control, Interior Light Pack, Upgraded LED Interior Bulbs, Heated Seats, Hill Hold, Boot Buddy, Fog Turn Lights, Revo Stage 1, De-Wipered

4th Gear

Status
    And yet you'd be classed as the bad guy for taking a hammer to his piece of ***t of a van. That sucks mate about the police I've had a car nicked and damaged (smashed window), and was told to call 101 or whatever the stupid 'non important' crime number is. It unfortunately just turns you into a vigilante. I bet you can't get a rebate on your council tax for the police not helping either.

Neutral

Status
    Did the photos i uploaded work? I can only see the URL's.

Our garage and drive is in the back garden as we live at the corner of two roads and the pi$$er is we always put the car in the drive behind 6-foot gates when we go to bed, but this was 9.30pm so we hadn't done it yet.

And the police's attitude is if I can't prove it was him, then there's no offense of failing to report. I suggested that maybe he's denying it because he's had a drink so might be over the limit and the police suggested that I should go and smell his breath myself!!!!
    Red Fine Nappa Leather | DIS | RNS-E | AMI | Bluetooth | Rear Parking Sensors | Cruise Control | Light & Rain Sensor Pack | Storage Pack | Extended Lighting Pack | BOSE | Heated Seats | Folding Mirrors |

4th Gear

Status
    That's just wrong leaving the scene after hitting you!
    I know I'd be gutted, especially if it was only months old.
    Glad mine is tucked away in the garage after seeing things like this!

Hope you get it sorted mate.
    Now:
    TTS, Leon Cupra R, MK2 Golf GTi 16v BB 3dr & MK4 Golf "GTi" 2.0 8v

Past:
    S3 8P3
    A3 2.0T
    S3 8L REVO
    306 Rallye
    Impreza STi8
    Leon Cupra R REVO
    S3 8L REVO
    Impreza T2000
    306 Rallye
    MK3 Golf GTi 8v
    & more in between

Neutral

Status
    Thanks.

Its just been recovered to a local bodyshop. Its a Lex lease car so i can't demand it goes to Audi.

So, it looks like I'm driving a 1.6 Focus for the next week or so!!

James

Status
    Do any of your neighbours have CCTV cameras installed? If they're looking up their driveway then they might cover the road too - they might have footage of your neighbour's van driving away from the direction of your car at the time of the accident? Or maybe even towards it moments prior? Seeing as though you heard the bang you'll know exactly what time it happened. Worth a shot

Neutral

Status
    Good idea, but no luck.

4th Gear

Status
    Sh*t, hard luck. I park on the road and am constantly worried about this happening. Hope you get it sorted.
    ​​Programmer/Web Developer, Headphone/Amp Geek
    06 SLine Special Edition Phantom Black 2.0T FSI Quattro A3
    Done: P-Flo, RevD, Sachs Organic, Milltek TBE + Res + Sports cat
    Wanted/Next:Intercooler, HPFP, Remap

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gweev View Post
    ..........So, it looks like I'm driving a 1.6 Focus for the next week or so!!
    Check the oil level hourly ;-)
    2012 RNSe Navigation Discs with unit software update. PM me.

Suzuki GSX-R 750 K5

A4 S-Line. Mods so far; Cruise, DIS, Mk2 RNS-e, Audi 6 CD changer, XcarLink with self manufactured permanent ipod dock, B8 MFSW, Dectane Dayline Headlights with independantly switched DRL's, RS4 Rear ARB, De-badged, RS4 pedals, HIDS, RS4 front grille and RS4 style fog surrounds, LCR splitter in Satin Black, Rear Park Assist, LED gearknob, Red footwell lighting, Kitchen sink and Shower cubicle.

1st Gear

Status

I'm a victim of a hit and run

Get a tape measure out and measure the height of the scrapes. Go to the van in daylight and look on the side that done the damage and see if you can match up the damage, or better still ask him to park his van next to your car! Unless its too late for that

2nd Gear

Status
    Treat fire with fire mate just report him and say you seen him from bedroom window to much coinsedance there

Neutral

Status
    We've included his van details on the insurance claim so we'll see what happens. But if he continues to deny it was him, then it will down to the insurance company to investigate. The recovery driver said the marks on my car look like the van's tyre did the damage, which might explain why it was so hard to tell his van did it. However, if the force was enough to knock my rear wheel out of line, then I'm hoping his van also has some steering or suspension damage.

_G_
    4th Gear

Status
    feel for you!

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow rezulteo On Twitter Add rezulteo on Facebook
    My condolences, hope it works out for you
    All tyres for Audi and tyre news, advice, tests and comparisons on http://www.rezulteo-tyres.co.uk
    Follow us on Twitter !
    Like our Facebook page !

1st Gear

Status

I'm a victim of a hit and run

Any news on this yet mate?