S3 - Stage2+ Boost Concerns

Acheron

Reaction score
Hoping I can get a 2nd opinion with regards to what I'm seeing in my car's boost logs as I've already taken this up with my local tuner.

Below is a 3rd into 4th gear pull (letting the S-tronic box shift at the limit) view of requested v.s. actual boost as well as N75 duty cycle. The big request/actual dip towards the end is the gear change and is a concern itself as the car is jerking on change like its losing power momentarily.

Untitled-3.jpg

As you can see the car struggles to meet the requested 1.5 bar and takes a heavy dip in boost in the last 1000 rpm before the limit. At the same time as this dip begins N75 values shoot up.

Does this look normal for a 2+ car? I'm especially concerned about what appears to be the N75 struggling to retain boost from 5000rpm onwards. The car is running the Revo v12 non-linear throttle map, custom 76mm downpipe, EVOMS, Autotech HPFP internals

EDIT: The full logs are available here - logs OR Zippyshare.com - LOG2(1).xls

The K04 is pretty well maxed out on Stg2+,and from what I understand cannot deliver enough flow for maximum boost at max rpm.,and I'm not surprised that the wastegate controller is struggling to maintain boost.
Why not drop Revo Kev or Carl a line and get the advice from them.

Well I managed to get my hands on a "healthy" 2+ S3 S-tronic boost log.

Untitled3.jpg

Compared to my graph posted earlier (bottom one in the pic above) it seems that dip in the last 1000 rpm before shift is the norm, but I'm still underboosting a fair amount through the entire rev range. I did try contact Revo HQ, but I keep getting referred back to the SA dealer.

Last edited:
I would actually email Carl and Kev the files and go from there.

The other worrying factor I still have this super long/noisy startup since I went Stage2 that I'm wondering if it isnt related:

Last edited by a moderator:
what Boost setting are you running?
yes it seems that it's underboosting.

Is this the "new and inmpoved" revo map? I had boost and s-tronic issues with it. The car is prefect on the old revo map, like a totally different animal. Revo sorted me out back on the old map now :)

what Boost setting are you running?
yes it seems that it's underboosting.
Boost 7, Timing 3, Fueling 7 (both mine and the other S3 were running that)

Is this the "new and inmpoved" revo map? I had boost and s-tronic issues with it. The car is prefect on the old revo map, like a totally different animal. Revo sorted me out back on the old map now
biggrin.gif
I thought that was the issue as well, but again both mine and the other S3 are running the "new and improved" v12 map.

If possible would you be able to get hold of your logs for the v12 map?

Apologies for not sending my logs, I had the 2+ tune loaded last week but due to timing, we haven't run any logs as of yet.

I've got the new and improved tune and I am not sure that i like it, doesn't feel agressive enough.

Think I will have the old 2+ file loaded and I will get some logs. Would be interested to do some logs on the "new" tune first though before reverting to the old 2+ file.

How do you find the linear throttle? Do you think you will keep it?

Also, regarding your cold long start, I'm so glad you brought that up.
Since installing the HPFP and 2+ tune, my cold start is as long as yours.

Is this normal, are other Revo 2+ cars experiencing this also?

Apologies for not sending my logs, I had the 2+ tune loaded last week but due to timing, we haven't run any logs as of yet.

I've got the new and improved tune and I am not sure that i like it, doesn't feel agressive enough.

Think I will have the old 2+ file loaded and I will get some logs. Would be interested to do some logs on the "new" tune first though before reverting to the old 2+ file.

How do you find the linear throttle? Do you think you will keep it?

Also, regarding your cold long start, I'm so glad you brought that up.
Since installing the HPFP and 2+ tune, my cold start is as long as yours.

Is this normal, are other Revo 2+ cars experiencing this also?
Had v12 linear when I went Stage 2 and wasn't impressed with it at all. Made the car feel very lazy, but I can see how it would be an advantage for manual cars in terms of getting off the line. When I went 2+ the car felt more alive and torquey, but now I can see that this was a result of swapping out the linear map for the non-linear one.

As for the long cold start, it literally started the morning after the v12 Stage 2 tune so I'm definitely leaning towards it being related. If you do go back to an older version (v10 seems to be the most popular) please let me know if it sorts that out.

Unfortunately I'm about 300km away from my tuner so swapping maps isn't quite as simple :(

The headoffice for Revo SA has suggested everything from a leak to a bad turbo to using EVOMS rather than ITG for my car's failure to meet the requested boost in the same fashion as the "healthy" graph I posted earlier. So where I should start looking is still the question...

Last edited:
well i would say intake shouldn't be a issue because others are running evoms on stage 2+.

what type of dv do you have? check the PCV as they are known to fail. and check all the jubilee clips on the intake if they are tight enough.

well i would say intake shouldn't be a issue because others are running evoms on stage 2+.

what type of dv do you have? check the PCV as they are known to fail. and check all the jubilee clips on the intake if they are tight enough.
My thoughts exactly. I've only heard good things about the EVOMS and claims of superior flow rates.

Got the piston type Rev H DV, was on the car from stock being a 2010 model. PCV wise I'm running the Revo (BSH copy) fix, but have swapped back to the stock one and the same boost issues persist. Will have a look at the intake again to see if it's fitted properly.

Revo HQ has indicated that there is a recent patch available for S-tronic equipped cars with certain ECU codes (my AQ revision being one) so I'm going to have that flashed as soon as I can get to my tuner or visa versa.

Hopefully this sorts the issue out, but I'm still leaning towards a hardware issue.