Monster MotorsportJMB Retrofits
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    85

    S3 clutch slipping

    Hi guys my clutch has started slipping on my 2007 s3 its just hit 46k, normally in gears 4,5,6 at about 3.8k till 5.5 revs. Where can i get a Sachs clutch kit from as i want to go to a stage 2 map and how much are we looking, also is it worth replacing the dmf as well?

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamj View Post
    Hi guys my clutch has started slipping on my 2007 s3 its just hit 46k, normally in gears 4,5,6 at about 3.8k till 5.5 revs. Where can i get a Sachs clutch kit from as i want to go to a stage 2 map and how much are we looking, also is it worth replacing the dmf as well?
    Unless you're going to Stg2+ or more,then you really don't need an SMF kit,but if you do,have a look at the group buy on VAGOC here.....VAGOC.co.uk | VAGOC.co.uk
    Otherwise,the uprated Sachs clutch is fine,provided you run it in for a good few hundred miles,and don't go in for drag style starts,when the SMF kits become very useful

  4. #3
    JamesS4cab's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,122
    Unless of course you are me and strip the Sachs clutch in 14k miles, only 7k at 2+ and the rest at stage 1...........
    "Dont get me wrong. Ugly girls need loving. Just not by me."

  5. #4
    mjr901's Avatar
    S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    2,794
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesS4cab View Post
    Unless of course you are me and strip the Sachs clutch in 14k miles, only 7k at 2+ and the rest at stage 1...........
    Sounds like something I'd do, Ive been through standard one in less than 6k...replaced it, chickened out and bought a new S3 and a gearbox that will cope....D......S.....G touch wood mecatronics all ok
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

  6. #5
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,426
    Quote Originally Posted by mjr901 View Post
    Sounds like something I'd do, Ive been through standard one in less than 6k...replaced it, chickened out and bought a new S3 and a gearbox that will cope....D......S.....G touch wood mecatronics all ok
    DSG box is generally OK until you get above 400lbs,when you will need a rebuild for the clutch plates.

  7. #6
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    85
    Right guys just been out in it, when driving normal is perfect and when in 4th it's fine, when in 5th it's started at about 5k and was intermittent out of 6 goes it did it twice I'm happy but il have to drive like a Sunday driver till Iv got enough to buy one

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Clutch Slip
    By simonwjones in forum A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 24th September 2006, 16:41
  2. Clutch slip! & another problem
    By IanMcA3 in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 25th February 2005, 23:33
  3. is my clutch slipping?
    By imported_bpascua in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20th July 2004, 19:29
  4. chipped A3 tdiq clutch slipping....anyone else??
    By A3Lee in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 16th July 2003, 23:38
  5. clutch (slipping?)
    By edwin98 in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17th May 2003, 12:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO