DAB retrofit

iirc that doesn't work with rnse

looks simple enough but ive always found dab in a car to be patchy where i live

ah well im ok there then only the concert system in my car.
Currently i have two normal channels to chose from.
DAB in my area is pretty good

We sell exactly the same on our site:

Audi DAB Aftermarket AutoDAB Radio A1 A3 A4 TT | Advanced In Car Technologies

We were told by the manufacturer that it will work with the RNS-e.

It won't however show any Radio / Track / Title info like you would get on a normal DAB radio. It is all controlled through a MFSW (You must have a MFSW!) and your DIS.

It is a really cool product!

Last edited:
We sell exactly the same on our site:

http://www.advanced-incar.co.uk/digital-radio-dab/autodab-digital-dab-oem-radio-tuner

We were told by the manufacturer that it will work with the RNS-e.

It won't however show any Radio / Track / Title info like you would get on a normal DAB radio. It is all controlled through a MFSW (You must have a MFSW!) and your DIS.

It is a really cool product!
You chopped the 'r' off the end of the your link:

Audi DAB Aftermarket AutoDAB Radio A1 A3 A4 TT | Advanced In Car Technologies

Does look like an interesting piece of kit, wish it had been around three years ago when I was putting DAB into my A3. I ended up with a Bluestate RA-558 DAB and Bluetooth aftermarket radio.

I was thinking of installing this at the same time as a muti function wheel.
Would it still work with a retrofitted wheel?

I was thinking of installing this at the same time as a muti function wheel.
Would it still work with a retrofitted wheel?

It won't matter whether the wheel is retro-fitted or not, just the fact that it works !

However, you need to be aware that you need the correct steering module for the wheel to work at all ( apart from just steering that is !!!!! )

Its not exactly a DAB retrofit if its an aftermarket part. I've installed these on cars before and they're really good. As mentioned before it only works via steering wheel controls. Get urself a bunch of cable ties or some velcro and mount the unit somewhere tho. With the amount of space behind the a3 dash it'll easily slide around or bounce about which will be very annoying after a while.

cruiser, ive been looking into a rns 510 for my daily golf amungst all of the reading i keep seeing romours of a 510 with DAB is there any fruit to these?

if you can supply one or any info on one please drop me a pm, id rather not fit an aftermarket interface to the rns if i dont have to

cruiser, ive been looking into a rns 510 for my daily golf amungst all of the reading i keep seeing romours of a 510 with DAB is there any fruit to these?

if you can supply one or any info on one please drop me a pm, id rather not fit an aftermarket interface to the rns if i dont have to

The rumours are true...

Can't say any more at the mo but they will be coming at some point in the near future :) It's going to be a game changer in the VW world!

We'll be announcing it on our Facebook page as we may run a competition around it. But will definitely let you know via PM!! Could maybe sort you out with the first one :)

Tim
http://www.facebook.com/AdvancedInCar

more than happy to wait for it, i live in scotland so id be interesed in supply only for my convenience but i have full access to vagcom and autologic so i can do everything except the germany connect. ill await you pm but if you can give me a rough cost at least id know what id have to lay aside :)