16 inch wheels on an 8P S-line?

A19quattro

Reaction score
Beenoin offered a set of Pirelli winter tyres, cheap, thing is they are 16 inch and on 8P SE alloys. My car in a TDI S-Line with 18 inch RS6s, I think 17s fit but does anyone know if there will be issues with 16s?

Thanks, was worried about them hitting the brakes, not sure what size they are as I haven't looked into that yet.

Last edited:
Yeah, I bought them 2 years ago around now, if you search a bit deeper on their site they do wheel and tyre packages. They only supply black steel wheels but I reckon they look better than 16 inch alloys. they came with continental ts830 and I'm going into my 3rd season in the Alps with them. They cost me £615 back then but they have lasted me a hell of a lot longer than I thought.

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

It depends on the brake size, I tried a 16" steel wheel on my car (3.2) and it wouldn't clear the brakes.

Which engine is in your 8P?

Reactions: mozza1202
As I can live without the low profile tyres and stylised design of the OE 18" alloys, I run my S-Line on 16" after-market alloys with Continental tyres all year round not just for winter, as I prefer the much softer ride. There is no difference in handling.

My car's a TDI 170, cheers for the responses, aso good to see the wheels on an actual car, thanks for that Spencer, don't suppose thats your T4 by any chance? I was also hoping the wheels/tyres may fit a T5 we have but I have found out today they won't (65mm? centre bore rather than 57mm) and I thiught all I had to worry about was the stud pattern, so still not sure what I am going to do.

16" Wheels deffo fit, i had recently been through the same thing on my 2009 A3 TDI 170 - I fitted 16" OE alloys with winter tyres with no calliper clearance issues.
They will make you appreciate your Summer alloys alot more ;)

i don't understand this business of fitting gash looking wheels during the winter - it last 4-5 months in this country!! I bought a set of second hand 18" BBS CH's and stuck some winter tyres on. Might of cost a few more quid but who wants their car to look gash for half the year?!

Yeah, I bought them 2 years ago around now, if you search a bit deeper on their site they do wheel and tyre packages. They only supply black steel wheels but I reckon they look better than 16 inch alloys. they came with continental ts830 and I'm going into my 3rd season in the Alps with them. They cost me £615 back then but they have lasted me a hell of a lot longer than I thought.

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

Hi Spencer,

I have ordered black steelies with 205/55 16 Vredesteins from mytyres. Having problems finding a definitive answer about wheel bolts. Did you use the standard wheel bolts from the Alloys or did you have to buy new bolts. If so what did you buy and from where.

Thanks in advance.

Colin.

, so still not sure what I am going to do.[/QUOTE]

I'm not very bright computer-wise but even I had no trouble searching several alloy wheel web sites for a wheel/tyre package. Supply the required details of your car and you will only be supplied with a suitable package. A doddle.

You can't be as bad as you think, you managed the search and to post a quotation, that's pretty good. I just thought it was worth running past a few like minded individuals who may have been faced with the same dillema and to see how they resolved it, thought that was better than stock answers from a website. I decided not to but the wheels in the end, prefer to stick to closer to the manufactures sizes as that is more what the car was built to run with. Anyway cheers for the helpful responses and Merry Christmas to all.

As I can live without the low profile tyres and stylised design of the OE 18" alloys, I run my S-Line on 16" after-market alloys with Continental tyres all year round not just for winter, as I prefer the much softer ride. There is no difference in handling.

Hi there, I realise that this is an old thread and it's likely you've now sold the vehicle but I'm thinking of ditching the standard OE 18's in favour of more comfortable 16's. My question, does this effectively negate the negative aspects of sports suspension, ie, the uncomfortable ride?

Keen to hear if it makes the car considerably more comfortable or not and whether it's worth it. Thanks!

I have a sport, my winters are A4 16s, nicer offset, no issues at all apart from how UGLY they look lol

My car's a TDI 170, cheers for the responses, aso good to see the wheels on an actual car, thanks for that Spencer, don't suppose thats your T4 by any chance? I was also hoping the wheels/tyres may fit a T5 we have but I have found out today they won't (65mm? centre bore rather than 57mm) and I thiught all I had to worry about was the stud pattern, so still not sure what I am going to do.
You can buy Spigot bearings to convert. Buy the alloy versions, for just a few pounds, they are at all good tyre/wheel dealers and Ebay.